Did the deer eat my soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marilynmac

Reaction score
I made a batch of soap and put some awful lavender FO in it. Then I put the box outside because I can't stand the smell of it. I was cleaning up toady, and saw that there are only 2 bars left.

All I can think of is that the deer ate it.
icon_shifty.gif
would they do that? They never ate any of the lavender in my garden, but these soap didn't smell like real lavender anyway. canola/coconut/crisco oils.

15332002478_f59c1d834a_m.jpg

Do you have neighbors that might have taken it? If not, maybe it was raccoons, bears, crows or porcupine. Our raccoons earn their little bandit masks every week. The bears just snag anything faintly food smelling. The crows around here would probably be interested in it also. I've noticed porcupine sniffing around too. Are there tracks?

As a city-dweller, I'd sooner expect that a neighbor took it. I'm not really knowledgeable about wild animals, but I've always thought that their noses were too keen to just eat anything, much less a soap made with FO.

OK, it's racoons. Nothing else is missing, so it's not people. I thought it might be racoons, too. The image of racoons clutching precious bars of soap with their little paws was way to cute, so I skipped that thought.

My cat made friends with one of the local 'coons. He invited it inside for a party after I went to bed.

No tracks, but I have seen 'coon prints on my garbage can, and they are all over - woods in back of me.

Latest posts

Back