Thread titles and my very strange mind.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFL! I love this! Just the way my mind works, too.

My dad and I used to delight in taking signs literally. In the 60s when we went on long journeys together we were always amused by the hippie filling stations on the motorway - "Way Out Fuel." He loved the "Level Crossing - Uneven Rails" sign by my school and would always deliberately misconstrue things that people said, by taking them absolutely literally. We loved Denis Norden on the radio, telling his stories, and one was about the problems suffered by literalists like himself - he said he stood at the bottom of one of those long escalators on the London Underground on his way home late one night, and read the sign "Dogs must be carried." He said, "Now where on earth was I going to get a dog at 3 o'clock in the morning?"

I think we should all try to give our threads (polyester or otherwise!) interesting titles. A while back I was on a disability forum and just after I acquired an inflatable bath lift, I thought it would be fun to start a thread about it. I named my bath lift Boris. I titled my thread, "Intimate times in the bubbles with Boris." I think I had more hits on that one than anything else lol! They all said I got their minds boggling. Later I said that I was using Boris to wash my hair, and a new member who hadn't seen my first post had her mind boggled too, because she had a waste disposal unit called Boris and she couldn't imagine using him to wash her hair!!!

Shoshi

"Shaving Soap Bowls & Cigar Boxes"......................Boy, I would have loved to have seen that! I wonder how many strikes the soap got, and whether or not the cigar won it's boxing match!

IrishLass :)

Soap looks Frosted

Did it have a bad day or did you piss it off? Flowers help.

Long armed paper puncher

The weenie world of boxing. You start in the tracing paper division and work your way up to 20 pound copy. Poster board is big league. Long arms minimize the paper cuts to the face.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back