Nature's Garden must have FOs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
So, I'm probably going to place an order to Nature's Garden soon. Never used them before. My list so far:
Hippy Christmas
Perfect Man
Sweet Orange Chili Pepper
Dragon's Blood
Coconut Lime Verbena
Cucumber Wasabi Cilantro
Peach Magnolia Raspberry

Any thoughts?

Teakwood & Cardamom is really nice. I love Peach Magnolia Raspberry. Some of my favorites are: Anjou Pear Blossom, Bite Me, Hummingbird, Mango Sorbet, Perfect Man, Cracklin Birch, Dragon's Blood, Love Spell. They all stick well and soap pretty good too.

I love their: Lotus blossom and Brown sugar & fig

Hated: cucumber wasabi cilantro (sorry :) ) just smells to chemically to me, even after a good cure, couldn't stand it. And Pink sugar, their is so much ooh aah about this FO and I bit the bullet few weeks ago, bought some. Made (luckily) just one bar worth of soap with this FO, firstly, it went dark brown (I knew it would), and all that was left of the fragnance is a bit of marshmallowy scent, nothing else.

Perfect man is on my list too, will probably order it next time.

Cucumber Wasabi Cilantro is one of my favorites. They also have my favorite OMH. Their honeysuckle is spot on. Brown sugar and fig is also really nice, but I haven't tried it from anywhere else. Peppered Poppies is more pepper than poppy. I think it would make a good blender. Coconut lime verbena is ok. Haven't soaped it, but did make a lotion for my mom. Peach magnolia raspberry is nice. That's about all I can think of. Let me know how the sweet orange chilli pepper is. It sounds interesting.

So, I'm probably going to place an order to Nature's Garden soon. Never used them before. My list so far:
Hippy Christmas
Perfect Man
Sweet Orange Chili Pepper
Dragon's Blood
Coconut Lime Verbena
Cucumber Wasabi Cilantro
Peach Magnolia Raspberry

Any thoughts?
Dragon's Blood from Pure Fragrance Oils is 100% better than NG's. I am a great lover of DB and could not find one that was perfect in my opinion, but the one from Pure Fragrance oils was close. Finally had one made for myself. I really like the Teakwood and Cardamom, did not find Coconut Lime Verbena to hold well. Shunt mentioned Mango Sorbet, it is one of my best selling lotion fo's but did not have a lot of success with it in cp. It was a crank pot to work with and to me the fo morphed. It is fantastic in everything else. I love Werewolf and is a good seller for men

Last edited:
Agree on the Teakwood and Cardamon! Love spell, aqua di, honeysuckle, love chocolate orchid but it discolors very dark. I like sweet orange chili pepper OB but haven't soaped it yet. Rum ripened raisin is nice. Especially for a Christmas scent.

Black Raspberry Vanilla is very good from NG. I found the Sweet Orange Chili Pepper to fade significantly (for me). I use regularly: Cracklin' Birch, BRV, Misbehavin', Lovin' Spell, Perfect Man, Teakwood & Cardamon, Dragon's Blood. I have a loyal fan base for the Dragon's Blood, but I have never smelled a different one.

Cracklin Birch is nice. I also use Aloe and Cucumber for lotion and it's wonderful. Their Country Clothesline is a great scent for room sprays too.
I really liked their Peppermint for the holidays, it sticks very well and you don't need much.

I did not like OMH- faded to play doh scent. I much prefer OMH from Sweet Cakes. NG scents have been hit or miss with me, and I have other suppliers I like better.

Whiskandbowl

Can you please share with us some of your favorites and where you purchase them from? Us newbies would love to know these things before we spend money on the ones that don't work that great

Whiskandbowl

Can you please share with us some of your favorites and where you purchase them from? Us newbies would love to know these things before we spend money on the ones that don't work that great

Sweet Cakes has always been a win for me (the only one that faded for me was Cucumber Melon, but that was expected) I haven't had any FO's that I hate OOB from there, ever. Fave from there is Lime Margarita, you won't be disappointed! Everybody loves this FO!

My "regular" places tend to be SC, Brambleberry, and Peak, but I do have a few from WSP. WSP is hit or miss, I've gotten some I really like, but to me some of their FO's just smell a bit weak.

I would highly recommend joining the Scent Review Board if you have a paid email. I check there before purchasing anything, and try to post reviews on all FO's I use as well. It's a great resource.

Which company?

I see only two companies mentioned here for purchasing scents. I've ordered from several different companies but find that some scents don't last and I am wondering if it is the scent selection or the quality of the product. Can a few of you recommend one or two companies whose scent products are in their opinion "quality".

I have never ordered from NG, so I can't speak to their FOs.

I am a big Brambleberry fan. I find their FOs to be high quality and long lasting, and I also find their information (regarding fading in CP, discoloration, excelleration) to be very honest. Off the top of my head, I have bars using their Pumpkin Lager and Black Raspberry Vanilla that I made about a year ago, and they still smell good.

I also really like Lebermuth. You don't see them mentioned much here, b/c their smallest size is 1 lb bottles. But I have loved every FO I got from them. I recently used a bottle of Cranberry Spice FO that was probably 10 years old, and it was still great. A year after making, the bars still smell awesome. The Pineapple Upside Downcake FO was great when I first got it and lasted well, but at 10 years old it's no longer good. (Not complaining about it, just commenting.)

GSC - it could be the quality of the scent or the scent itself. For example, citrus scents are NOTORIOUS for fading in CP. Coconut and Peach are notorious for morphing in CP. So the very best coconut scents are much weaker than, say, the very best apple scents, since apple is (apparently) easier to reproduce in FO form.

Latest posts

Back