Ordering herbs and plant seeds to use in making soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbrown123

Reaction score
I have been looking to add to my herb patch for soap making. I found some interesting things. Soapwort in several varieties. Plantain broadleaf, baptisia blue (blue dye) and luffa. I already have lemongrass, lemon balm, aloe and mint. Any other thoughts or ideas on herbs and growing your own additives out there?

Hello! A few other herbs to try are lavender and rosemary. Some flowers to grow are calendula (makes outstanding color), poppy seeds, chamomile flowers (to make an infused tea) and yarrow. You can grow the Paprika hot pepper, dry and then pulverize the fruit to make your own paprika powder to help color your soap. Finally, grow some roses (especially Rugosa roses) and save and dry the petals and the fruit (rose hips).

Hello! A few other herbs to try are lavender and rosemary. Some flowers to grow are calendula (makes outstanding color), poppy seeds, chamomile flowers (to make an infused tea) and yarrow. You can grow the Paprika hot pepper, dry and then pulverize the fruit to make your own paprika powder to help color your soap. Finally, grow some roses (especially Rugosa roses) and save and dry the petals and the fruit (rose hips).

Thanks for the great ideas! What do you do with yarrow?

Latest posts

Back