Finally got our cookbooks!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
After much work, and several setbacks, the cookbook I worked so diligently on has arrived!!!!
There are some folks in town that aren't very happy with me because they weren't ready when they wanted them, so I haven't really been excited about it, I just feel relieved it's over with. Since half of them have sold already, I can say I'm glad I did it, but I'm not sure I could do it again.

13524389_10209924769583649_6893947099894418778_n.jpg

13529091_10209924769943658_8679062825746925598_n.jpg

This was actually an addition to the cookbook. Some of the recipes donated were many generations old, and had very vague "recipes". Since I couldn't make those recipes fit into the format of the cookbook company, we decided to have an insert with those in it. So I just formatted it similarly to the cookbook and used Publisher to make the booklet. I felt that it was important to add those in some way, because the old ways are disappearing fast, and it was my way of helping to save the information.
Here is the introduction in the actual cookbook.

I am curious about the forward. So had a cookbook previously been published and this is an addendum to it?

IMG_20160817_110938.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to keep this as nice as possible since I hate when people get all fussy when publishing setbacks happen but I'm pretty sure I've been the same way with things as well (no point in being a hypocrite in talking against raw folks). That book looks really nice and I like that you chose to have the insert about preserving the old ways in there. It doesn't help that I tend to be one of those cooks that can never write down a recipe using measurements since I eyeball everything. Never ask me for a recipe as I only give rough estimates. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back