The Olympics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I check that link I get this:

Live Stream/Replay Preview
Your temporary access to this content will expire in
29 Mins :09 Secs
For full access to LIVE streams and full-event replays of the Rio Olympics, verify your cable / satellite / telco subscription now.

Sign In

meaning that I can only watch for about 29 minutes, and since I don't have cable or satellite service that's all I get. And it remembers me when I leave and come back, so the timer doesn't reset. In fact, it apparently keeps running while I am away from the site.
well, rats. when I posted that I hadn't had time to look at it, I had just found it. I don't even have flash player installed right now so I have to do that before I can even try it. I don't have any subscription either, so it sounds just like last time where you have to pay to watch it. Oh well, it sounded good for a minute!!

Yay, Katie Ledecky!!!!!!!! Isn't she something? :thumbup: And if this evens things out any, I thought anyone with as many gold medals as Michael Phelps, could have afforded to be a bit more humble. Urging the crowd for more applause after winning his event, turned me off. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V79oJLy7LjU[/ame]

Yay, Katie Ledecky!!!!!!!! Isn't she something? :thumbup: And if this evens things out any, I thought anyone with as many gold medals as Michael Phelps, could have afforded to be a bit more humble. Urging the crowd for more applause after winning his event, turned me off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V79oJLy7LjU

Yep. Totally gross. I think he's an amazing swimmer but come on, man. You're not out there curing cancer.

Yep, his arrogance yesterday was uncalled for, and shows poor sportsmanship, if you ask me.

Another thing getting on my nerves is the booing. Since when do spectators boo every time the other team serves?? This is poor sportsmanship also.

This sort of behavior is not what I would consider something acceptable at any international sports competition, much less the Olympics!

And Katie Ledecky does it again! Amazing!

I watched her win that race last night, if you could even call it that. They are saying that she may be the best athlete ever, male or female, because she wins all of her events by such huge margins. And she's just 19 years old. Go Katie girl!!!

I absolutely love the gymnastics and Simone biles and the other USA girl in the floor final were outstanding. They absolutely deserved their medals. I was so happy that our Amy from the uk just made it into bronze position though. The booing from the audience really upsets me, it's so unsporting and completely unacceptable. Such a shame for the French guy, no one should be bood least of all while standing on the podium receiving his medal. It's just so sad.

A lot of booing going on - It seems the USA is getting the worst of it, but everyone except Brazil is getting booed. So much for manners.

That's interesting that you say the USA is getting the worst of it, that's not the impression I got watching the uk coverage at all. I wonder if it is media bias making it seem worse? I do think the booing is completely out of order, the whole idea of the Olympucs is to bring all the nations together, very sad.

I think you're right Saponista, about the media. Only in the fact each country is televising their own athletes so the booing is pertaining to that country. But regardless of where each person calls home, the boos are getting completely out of control. Cheering your own country on is one thing but booing the others? Completely unsportsman-like and rude. And who makes the loudest noise? People sitting in the stands or on their sofa. Every single athlete from every country that made it to the olympics is a champion and deserve our admiration, not booing and heckling.

Latest posts

Back