Bath Bomb Colors?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I am new to making bath & body products. I've been making m&p soap for a few weeks, and I want to start making bath bombs.

For m&p, I use TKB Trading's neon glycerine-dispersed dyes. Will these work in bath bombs? If not, is there a good, inexpensive way to color bath bombs? I know about brambleberry's la bomb colors, but they are a bit pricey. Thanks!

I use Wilton Gel Icing colorants.. They have a few at walmart, a ton of selection at michael's and also online at coastalscents.com. Some people don't like the speckled texture they leave but I personally like it. They also don't stain the tub or anything, but I use a tiny amount (a little goes a long way). When I colour my bath bomb I'm not trying to use enough colour to change the whole tub of water, I just do it do make the bomb more pleasing to the eye. I have a few of BB's la bomb colours and your right, they are expensive for such a small bottle. They also leak everywhere like hell out of the bottle. I prefer Wilton tbh. :)

The Wilton gel colors left a stain ring on my fiberglass tub. Had to bleach the tub.

I have used both liquid and powder. For liquid I use the Tradewinds colors and for powdered I love the Happy Hour Collection from The Conservatorie. I prefer the powdered mica colors for my bath bombs and bars but that's just me. :roll:

I use the wilton colorants and they do NOT leave a stain around the tub. A little goes a long way. I do not like mica.

I have been using clays for color. They blend well and are natural, the more you use the deeper the color. I have also used french pink clay, french green clay, french yellow clay, madder root, it is a lovely rich red/brown.
Cheers!

Back