Good, reliable suppliers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimHartley24

Reaction score
Hey! It's Christmas day and I've opened presents... which means it's time to make my first fragrance oil purchase!!

I can search for days searching through the hundred-odd sites that offer fragrance on their websites... but it would help me out a lot if you guys could offer advice on what you have found to be good companies that offer a large selection and/or good pricing and/or have friendly, helpful staff... I'm searching through the fragrance finder (a leather fragrance is my prime target now... but there are so many to choose from! ;D) and it would be a great help to also weed out suppliers that use adulterated (oiled/watered down with cheaper oils so they have more quantity but less quality) EO'S and FOs, terrible customer service, and/or bad packaging...

Sorry if this is asked before... I didn't see but maybe it can help out other fragrance newbies to see what their fellow crafters are recommending!!

P.S. I forgot to mention, the fragrance oils I'll use for soap and perfume/cologne... but they all need to be soapable <3 Just in case that rules out a supplier or anything <3

If you are just getting started, I'd suggest not spending a ton on FOs. You can get some very good FOs and really reasonable prices from these three suppliers.

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/
http://bertsheavenscent.com/shop/
http://www.peakcandle.com/

All three of these offer some good deals on 1 oz samples bundles. If you have questions about specific FOs from these places, just ask. I have soaped several of them from the first two places and there are lots of people here who have soaped several from Peak as well.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction.

I like Brambleberry and Elements Bath and Body for FO's. And, as Nancy already suggested Peaks is a good place.

A lot of suppliers offer FO's for candles and/or soaps. Just read the description and make sure it is skin safe. I've seen some very interesting scents I've considered until I read it's only intended for candles. :cry:

I like Nature's Garden a lot, they have a large selection. And I like Wholesale Supplies Plus, their fo's have been high quality for me so far.

Im a major peak fan! Love love them. I also have used naturesgarden and millcreek, dont care too much for wholesales fos, but do use them for soap boxes and some oils.

Peak Candle Supplies is a great place to get started with FOs. Very good value for the money. Just read the descriptions carefully and be sure you are picking ones that are skin safe. Their scents are not complicated ones with a lot of different notes in them. I think this makes for a more stable scent in the finished product. In other words, not much is lost in the CP process. Their scents also tend to last really well in cured soap. You can get a lot of one ounce samples reasonably priced for sampling. You will soon find your favorites.

Latest posts

Back