My first try to M&P base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeali

Reaction score
hello all members,
I tried to made melt and pour base very first time but I have few questions
why this is so sticky/greasy?
duo to humidity?
I made few soaps also but they are not as clear as I was expected
need your

IMG_20160820_105253.jpg

IMG_20160820_105232.jpg

IMG_20160820_105153.jpg

IMG_20160820_105137.jpg

Last edited:
I am just guessing because I haven't seen your recipe, but it could be because it contains a lot of glycerin.

That much glycerine in m&p base is going to end up in a puddle of soap and glycerine, and mine only took a week to dissolve. The m&p base that I make does not sweat at all, but is a very low temp melt soap. I use surfacants, propyl glycol, glycerine but no where near your percenatage. Using glycerin as the primary solvent just does not work.

This is one I have used. Not my recipe, credit goes to Dr. John's
17.3% Coconut Oil, 16% Castor Oil, 20% Coconut Oil, 19% Propyl Glycol, 4.6% glycerine, 23% of a 57% Sugar Solution. I quickly converted this to percentages so if it is not 100% total you can tweak the Oils. 2% superfat. HP the oils first to no zap then add in the last 3 ingredients. This will still have a slight amber color but will not sweat like your recipe.

Otherwise Good Spa has a good video and her recipe is quite nice. Mine is a tweaked version of Good Earth Spa and is nice

Last edited:
Back