Bath bomb help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMom

Reaction score
I know this isn't about soap but there hasn't been much traffic on that forum so I'm asking here! I made some bath bombs using Olive Oil but when I tested them, they seemed a little greasy to me! Is there any oil that i could use that is less greasy feeling to the skin?

I always thought the purpose of a bath bomb was to get all greased up :D . You could add an emusifier to your oil like polysorbit or use witch hazel instead of oil. I don't like the witch hazel bombs because they are dry & my reason for using a bomb is to get slicked up, that way I do not have to apply lotion. It's my lazy shortcut.

Well it does slick you up! It's not real greasy, just a little. I was thinking maybe I could use a different oil that didn't leave that greasy feeling but still keeps your skin soft!

Maybe something that absorbs in faster like jojoba, avocado, sweet almond or cocoa butter (a little goes a long way with it)? But maybe my skin is just thirsty :)

I like them for the slicking up especially for feet. But the last batch i made may have had too much oil and not enough witch hazel spritzing and they just disintegrated in to dust once they dried.

they just disintegrated in to dust once they dried
Sounds like you made fizzy bath powder :wink: , or add salt & you have fizzing bath salts. I would never pack fizzing bath salts in glass though, incase they decide to explose.

My hubby was watching me try to take them out of the box they were drying in and said "why are u pinching them to death?!"

I felt like a big ogre :lol:

Coconut or Almond

I've used sweet almond oil and melted coconut oil, which really helps those fizzies stay together and I don't find them to cause too much slick. Maybe reduce your oil amount? I find mine just work enough to soften the water, which you can feel immediately but no oily or greasy feeling.
I don't know if I have ever tried olive oil, but I think it is a little thicker, or heavier than sweet almond.

x

SoapMom said:
Well it does slick you up! It's not real greasy, just a little. I was thinking maybe I could use a different oil that didn't leave that greasy feeling but still keeps your skin soft!

may i suggest jojoba? technically it is a wax but is liquid like an oil. very light and goes right into your skin, one of my favorite bath oils and has a very long shelf life.

Back