"Taco" "Soup" crockpot - cans and some

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carebear

Reaction score
"Taco" "Soup" crockpot - cans and some

Easiest crock pot recipe ever
TACO STEW
1 can black white beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
... 1 can chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes with chilis
6 half chicken breasts
1 envelope taco seasoning

Throw all the canned stuff into the crackpot and mix in the taco seasoning. Put the chicken on top and smoosh it under the surface. Cook on high for 4-5 hours until chicken is way tender. Shred the chicken (or just cut the chicken up before mixing it in).

It's really good. I promise.See More

Not really taco-y, more like mildly tex-mex.
Not soupy, either. You are supposed to also add a can of tomato sauce, but I didn't have any - and I think I'd like it better this way anyway. Oh, and you are supposed to serve with a dollop of sour cream and some tortilla chips - which doesn't sound marvelous to me, tho some cilantro might be good...

My grandma has a taco soup like this but uses ground or shredded beef. It is great. We eat it with lots of tortilla chips.

Someone posted the same (almost) recipe on the Dish from a ways back and today it just magically popped back to the front page. Go figure.

(I distinctly dislike ground beef in soup. Dunno why.)

That sounds really good! I'm thinking some cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some fresh cilantro sprinkled on top.....yum!

IrishLass :)

sounds good, I think I will try this, subbing the chicken for some morningstar veggie crumbles and crumble some chips on top.

I make almost the same thing, except I use a large jar of salsa and some chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Yum.

We call it tortilla soup, serve with sour cream, cheese and chips (like tostidos)

My version:

1 can golden kernel corn (undrained)
1 can white hominy (undrained)
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilis (undrained)
1 can black beans (undrained)
2 cans whole chunk chicken breast (undrained)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix

Open all of the cans, dump them thangs in the crock pot. Cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours. Serve with nacho chips & sour cream. Shredded cheese on top. Yum!

Wow that does sound good. I was trying to think of what to make for supper tonight, and wish I had seen this before I ran to wallyworld. I am just baking talapia.

Latest posts

Back