Soap Friends & Freindship

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cathy, so good to hear from you. I have been wondering how things are going and wishing you well. This new news sucks, but somehow it seems less scary than the first. I hope everything goes really, really well and we have you back for good very soon. We need you around for those great FO reviews. I would send you some soap too, but I have a feeling you have lots of it and yours is better than mine, anyway :)

All in all, I think it sounds like good news. Everything happens for a reason - even though we don't know sometimes what it is. I'm sure you will get through your next op with ease after the last one. Recover quickly :thumbup:.

Relle, you are so right. My Dad always said I learned things the hard way and needed to get a 2x4 across my head sometimes to get the message. I've learned not to take the "little things" for granted, and it may seem weird, but for the first time in a very long time I am truly happy. I can't say I'm looking forward to another surgery and probably chemo - my hair is just coming back..... but I'm confident in my medical team, and I've got stuff to do; so bring it on, baby!

Hi Cindy, my Cappie Buddy! I'm sooooo glad you were able to come on and update us with your progress. It sounds like the c-diff was a blessing in disguise leading to the discovery of the abdominal mass. Wow! I'm so thankful the brain surgery went well and wish you a speedy recovery with the next surgery. Going in with a positive attitude can make all the difference in success and recovery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!

Last edited:
Cindy I am so glad to hear progress is being made and I am confident your going to be just fine. So good to hear from you and I am sending much healing energy to you for your recovery and next surgery.

I'm so glad the first surgery went well cindy, and that the tumour was benign. I'm so sorry about all your other problems, hopefully you can get them removed fairly quickly too and look forward to getting back to your old self soon. xxx

It's so good to hear back from you, Cindy! Thank goodness the operation was a success. It sucks that you're having to face other other medical issue. I know that isn't eloquent/hopeful/inspiring, but I've sometimes found that acknowledging the suckiness of a situation, grabbing some ice cream and watching trashy TV helps. I hope TLC comes out with a new series about ex-Amish little people with absurdly large families that horde wedding dresses for the day that one of them will pick from the eligible bachelors who didn't know each other but now live together in a massive trailer and flip houses from finds they get from storage auctions and spend their spare time dancing, doing karaoke and rebuilding cars.

So: best wishes, hun. :)

I'm with Relle on this. I think it sounds good that your brain tumor was benign and whatever you have around your ovary was caught early. That's all actually fantastic news (although yes, NOT having a basketball eat your ovary like a pac man would be better, but still...). I don't understand why they don't take out our uteruses and ovaries once we're done with them just for this sort of reason. Yank 'em, I say!

Adding my thought and wishes that your second surgery goes well and you bounce back quickly!

I am pleased that you alright, take care of yourself and plenty of rest. Please eliminate stress, stress is a killer. I been in surgery last 2009 and I got 13 cm cyst in my left ovary ( chocolate cyst)

I am pleased that you alright, take care of yourself and plenty of rest. Please eliminate stress, stress is a killer. I been in surgery last 2009 and I got 13 cm cyst in my left ovary ( chocolate cyst)

mmm, chocolate cycst...
That's worse than chocolate lard!

Yes lol but it's more worst because it's look like chocolate but can't eat it

Lots of prayers going your way. Sorry you life has been turned upside down. Hopefully when all this is done and you have fully recovered, you will be feeling better than you have in a very long while

Awesome to hear from you Cindy! Sooo glad you are recovering nicely from the 1st, but it is kinda sucky about another round. However I feel you will do just fine, and bounce right back and I bet for sure you will feel much better having all the yuckies out and not bothering you anymore. Im continuing to pray :)

*Hugz*

Cindy, you can add to the many, many prayers and healing vibes being sent your way. I can't help but think that all the generosity and care you have spread to numerous members of this forum (and undoubtedly to countless other people you have encountered in your life) will end up being transformed back into pure positive light and coming right back to you!

Many wishes for a speedy, healthy, pain-free, complete and total recovery!

As I take a break from cleaning - All these years I denied being a hoarder to my husband, but it is something about books and papers I just can't throw out! - Do I really need to keep a college paper written in 1982??#$%!

Thank-you all for your prayers and friendship. I initially spent most of my time post-hospital communicating on FB. Lots of soapy friends there too, but my mentors and original soap family is here. To be honest, I stayed away initially because I really didn't think I would be able to soap anymore. Reading about the challenges; the amazing pictures and interesting diversity that just seems to work here literally caused me pain.

My long-term goal was to become a good enough soaper to create a fragile skin recipe that hopefully I could wholesale to assisted living or upscale long-term care facilities. This forum always challenged me to be better. When I couldn't safely manage my ingredients - strength and dis-coordination deficits, I packed away my workshop and started working on a spreadsheet for my husband so that when he sold everything off, he could at least capture a fraction of my investment. (I've since deleted that file :p).

I come back here grateful and newly inspired. My husband caught me with 2 orders of FO's that I hadn't even opened before my first surgery. We negotiated that if I shredded 2 lawn and garden sized bags of papers, he would help me make some soap this weekend...... I have 1/2 a bag to go! Christmas/Holiday soaps; gifts are going to be well cured, 'cause I'm a soapin' the 4th of July!! Now the only challenge is limiting my choices... Hubby's generosity did not include clean-up.....

My next surgery is on 7/9 - I had an apt with my surgeon yesterday and even though again the mass is large, she feels confident about a positive outcome.
I have my Faith, my belief in my awesome family and medical team and the support and prayers of all of the friends I have made. It truly does not get better than this. If I have any regrets, it's that it took me so long to realize how good my life actually is.

Thank-you all. I look forward to participating in this forum for many years to come, Cindy

Back