What do you like about this board?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty brand new to the forum and I do not have an awful lot of posting time, but I like that I can read through very old posts and newer posts and learn lots and lots of stuff!

I like that there is no snark here, and everyone is respectful to one another.

I like that this place is an outlet to my addiction, because I really can drive my people crazy talking about soap and etc., and I have some awesomely supportive people surrounding me.

Because I really do kind of see it as an addiction, I also too like to see the new converts come along. Teehee. I feel a bit evil saying it--It's like saying.."Come to the Dark Side--We Have Cookies". I addicted my daughter, my niece, my nephew by 1/2, and working on a friend. Not sure how many
may show up on the boards, but I am surely working on the Great Expansion.

TEG's Titles thread is too funny, and one day I might even feel comfortable enough to tell you guys how I REALLY know my CP soap is ready.

Ok, Pryncess, you are going to have to spill, that last sentence begs for it!

Another thing: I like the fact that although there are clearly commercial sponsors here, I have never felt limited about being honest in my opinion about any given product. There are boards sponsored by single companies, there is much more pressure to self-censor on those w/r/t products from those companies, or to recommend products from others.

I like the fact that when a post gets overheated - even if I am one of the hotheads - it ruthlessly gets shut down. It is better for me not to overthink silly things.

I have been here for a few years. But I always love reading this forum . Sometimes I am gone for months at a time but I always come back. My soaping has never been complex. I'm a KISS person. But I love to read about those here pushing the bar. I still learn something or relearn. Even us older soapers need help once in awhile too. We can always find it here.

This board contains such a wealth of useful, well explained information. It's so incredibly useful. There is an answer to pretty much any question or problem you are having if you only take the time to search. And there are so many knowledgable helpful people on here who are more than willing to offer guidance and advice to those who are less experienced than themselves. It is a wonderful community and it has helped me find people to share my soap obsession with, who don't think I'm weird when I get excited about new equipment and ingredients! Thank you everyone for being a part of this community. :)

Coming back to post again in here. Having recently joined a FB soaping page and seeing a high number of rude, snotty comments I just wanted to say how lucky I feel to be a member here. The FB page seems full of 'expert know it alls' who just like to make beginners feel stupid or that like to argue amongst themselves!!

In the week I've been there I've seen 2 people say they're leaving because of it. Extrapolated to 6 months (how long I've been in here) that's about 50 unhappy folk!!

Think I'll stick to here!!

I have noticed that too, Facebook frightens me and I am wary to write anything in case I get jumped on. On here I feel more confident about posting and know that if I say something wrong I will be politely corrected rather than abused and ridiculed so I am more willing to put myself out there.

Totally new person opinion here, but I'm always wary of forums after being part of one that had many competitive mothers on it:
I'm pleasantly surprised at the general attitude of this one. There are a few threads that have made me concerned, but they straighten themselves out (sometimes by mod) very quickly, and I'm impressed. I appreciate that as a newbie, it's not clique-y.

The people here are knowledgeable about lots of things, and they're willing to listen and be heard.

Back