Hello from Florida... the land of sweat and fire ants!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny

Reaction score
Hi yall! It has been a VERY long time since my last post! Years, I think. I have been out of soapmaking for awhile because of life in general. I am back into my soap again, thank God. It is such wonderful therapy. And I want to educate my grandchildren on soapmaking, so I am writing about it as well. Most of you probably don't know me. I have the same name as I have had on the soap forum for many years (remember the ol' Dish Forum?)

So, long boring story short, I am so thankful to be back, and I hope to make many new friends. :bunny:

Last edited:
Hey, and welcome back!

I live in Texas, also a land of sweat and fire ants. I fight the good fight after every rain, though, to try to eliminate my share.

Welcome back! It's nice that you teach grandchildren and will be writing about it. ;) I, too, live in a land of sweat and fire ants. And lots of loud frogs keep me awake at night. :headbanging:

Welcome back, Bunny! I indeed remember you and have often wondered where you'd gone off to! You were always such an inspiration to me and I'm so glad you have made it back to us!!!

IrishLass :)

From the other end of Florida....hello :).

Fire ants are liveable.... water moccasins, pygmy rattlers, things with sharp teeth not so much LOL. If you're getting any rain, send it down here any day but Saturday or Sunday !

Welcome from cold and snowy Colorado, where it was almost 90 last weekend and about 30 today! :)

Hi Bunny, welcome back!

I`m from Norway, the land of the midnight sun, so no fire ants here.

(And now I got a picture in my head that fire ants carry around tiny fire extinguishers and wearing itty bitty, tiny little helmets. )

(And now I got a picture in my head that fire ants carry around tiny fire extinguishers and wearing itty bitty, tiny little helmets. )

LOL Oh how I wish that were the case! It's more like they carry around matches and gasoline soaked torches......and a bad-arse attitude :lol: We have them in my section of the country too (SW US). Nasty, vicious little creatures they are. :twisted:

LOL Oh how I wish that were the case! It's more like they carry around matches and gasoline soaked torches......and a bad-arse attitude :lol: We have them in my section of the country too (SW US). Nasty, vicious little creatures they are. :twisted:

And probably has a filthy language to go with the `tude!?

Perhaps a good thing humans can`t hear what they say...? *grin*

I think that's probably the best description of fire ants EVER! They're nearly impossible to get rid of as well. I gave up trying to eradicate them years ago. Now I just try to avoid them, and keep the Benadryl handy. :)

Welcome from Florida's west coast! We'll take the rain here anytime you care to send it.

Back