IRS.gov/FreeFile 2016

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
IRS.gov/FreeFile

DISCLAIMER: SMF is in no way liable for any action by its members regarding this post.

I just heard about this on NPR. It seems those of us who make less than $62,000 (Net) per year are eligible for Free Filing Forms from the IRS. I haven't had time to check it out, but I thought I would post it -- just in case there are a few Nervous Norvuses out there coming down to the wire and need this info -- as in "yesterday"! LOL.

Tim Hugo, executive director of the Free File Alliance, said, “We are proud to once again offer the industry’s most innovative and secure tax software at no cost to 70 percent of American taxpayers. Tax time can be stressful, but Free File makes step-by-step help accessible to everyone making $62,000 or less. IRS.gov/FreeFile is the one place where taxpayers can choose from a variety of industry-leading tax software options in order to prepare and e-file their federal tax returns at absolutely no cost.”

ETA: Would you believe that 70% of the population qualifies for this service but only 2% of those who qualify take advantage of it? The reason? They don't know it's available! I'm doing my bit passing it forward. If you think it's a good idea, I hope you will pass it forward as well.

This ends this PSA. We return you to your regular program.

wish I'd known about this 2 months ago when I filed my taxes! lol. I wonder if small business owners who make less than 62K qualify, or if it's only people who get W-2s. I need to remember to look into this next year!

I don't know about business owners, but if you are unable to complete your own taxes online, the IRS agents at the local office will help you (they may be booked up for this year, but remember it for next year). Usually they are super nice guys. They are NOT the ones that do the audits.

IRS.gov/FreeFile

DISCLAIMER: SMF is in no way liable for any action by its members regarding this post.

I just heard about this on NPR. It seems those of us who make less than $62,000 (Net) per year are eligible for Free Filing Forms from the IRS. I haven't had time to check it out, but I thought I would post it -- just in case there are a few Nervous Norvuses out there coming down to the wire and need this info -- as in "yesterday"! LOL.

ETA: Would you believe that 70% of the population qualifies for this service but only 2% of those who qualify take advantage of it? The reason? They don't know it's available! I'm doing my bit passing it forward. If you think it's a good idea, I hope you will pass it forward as well.

This ends this PSA. We return you to your regular program.

You realize that if you keep finding such useful treasures, I'm going to just adopt you ;)

Latest posts

Back