This Show...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually watch my PBS stuff online (then cast it to the TV). It is free to access as long as you sign in using your closest PBS station. You may not be able to binge on a season unless you catch it during the season, but the episodes normally stay up for the whole season.

http://www.pbs.org/

Victoria is still up if you hurry, just scroll to the bottom of the home page. OH, and they are having an encore season of Wolf Hall!!! And To Walk Invisible looks awesome!

Thanks for posting this. I finally got around to establishing an account with them via my local PBS station. I used to donate when I lived in CA, but haven't done so since moving to Illinois. I think I'm going to have to start again if I want Public TV and NPR to continue to operate given the current proposed budget.

Anyway, I really want to catch up on Scott & Baily, but can only access short preview clips and no actual episodes. I'll have to look around and see if I can find the show at another source, but Netflix doesn't have it; AcornTV doesn't have it; and AmazonPrime doesn't have it, so I guess I am out of luck.

In case anyone's still looking for something good to watch... while reading about To Walk Invisible, I clicked on a link about it's director, Sally Wainwright, and ended up reading about another one of her projects, Happy Valley. It's a British crime drama set Yorkshire, in the north of England, with a feisty female cop as it's lead. I decided to check it out on Netflix, and I watched three episodes in a row, because I couldn't stop. It's GOOD!!! I'm already regretting that there are only two seasons to watch.

Netflix has Happy Valley, too. I watched all of the first season sometime in the past few months. I should refresh my memory on it before I watch the second season which is now available.

Another British one that I liked, but my husband thought was too depressing was 'River'. 'Call the Midwife' is one I am happy just started back on PBS. And I like 'Mercy Street', also on PBS and it is available via my local PBS for streaming, season 1 and season 2.

Netflix has Happy Valley, too. I watched all of the first season sometime in the past few months. I should refresh my memory on it before I watch the second season which is now available.

Yes, Netflix is where I watched it. I've seen season two already, I just couldn't stop watching. I've read that there will be a third season, but it's not known when it will be out. I thought Sarah Lancashire was nothing short of amazing. I can't wait for the third season, and am sad it will be the last.

Latest posts

Back