Best online company to order supplies from? I am new.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sent in an order to Nature's Garden. I ended up ordering the Golden Foods Soy Wax 464. Apparently, it's not 100% soy wax so, hopefully, it will not stick to the votive molds. Thank you for all the tips, I *really* appreciate it! I will definitely check out sierracandles.com and see what they have. I will probably need to pick brains again as I am a complete newbie at this. This is a really great board with lots of helpful people! Thanks again, everyone! :)

... Apparently, it's not 100% soy wax so, hopefully, it will not stick to the votive molds ...

The 2% additive has nothing to do with not sticking to votive molds -- it's a container wax -- the additives are there to enable the soy to be poured at a hotter temperature reducing frosting and increasing fragrance oil load -- that's it!

I'd like you to have a good experience with this, so hopefully you've decided to make container candles instead? Remember ... the proper wax & wick are critical to good results! :)

Back