Spinach soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irja

Reaction score
I took a long pause in my soap making. Had to use all those soap I made two years ago :) This is spinach soap I made 3 days ago. It came out just as I was hoping it would and smells like peppermint. Orange lines are made with dried orange peel.http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Za fejs.jpg

Za fejs2.jpg

I grinded raw spinach in food processor and squeezed it through a cheese cloth. The juice that came out I used instead of water. Rest of spinach was dehydrated in the oven and grinded in coffee grinder. I infused some olive oil with grinded spinach and used it in the recipe. After it came to trace I added 1 tbsp of grinded spinach to 1/3 of soap (bottom part), added nothing to 1/3 (middle part) and added 1 tsp of titanium dioxide in last third (top part). Sounds complicated, but it wasn't :)

Wow thats a lovely green! And so clever with the orange for the lines!

Beautiful colour and love the Orange lines. Does it stay that lovely green colour?

I made spinach soap with juice added to lye water 3 months ago on New Years eve, it was a pale green then, somewhat like the middle one in first picture, now it's may be a greenish tan.

This is the first time I made spinach soap. It is only a month old, so time will tell if it stays green. Thanks for all your positive comments :)

Hi soaperwoman! This thread is a couple of years old so the OP may not reply, but yes, baby food will work.

When I use fruit or vegetable purees I count it as part of my lye water so discount the volume of puree from the water. I normally dissolve my lye in water only (as long as it's at least equal weight) and SB the puree into the oils, then work from there. I haven't had any problems using this method.

Back