Gold flakes in M&P soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chayita13

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Newbie here... I have been making M&P since 2008 and make soap favors for showers, weddings, etc on a frequent basis. I have a customer who wanted me to include gold specs in the soap. I've never done this before, so I wanted to know if anyone else has tried this and what did you use? Flakes? Mica? Glitter? I'm kind of clueless and would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Here's a sample idea that she sent me...
I know there are Edible gold leaves but I think those would met. I'm thinking cosmetic glitter would be the safest option, but might not get the same effect as flakes...

image.jpg

Why not just use gold flakes? I've seen it for sale at Michaels and possibly walmart. I'm pretty sure that's what was used in the photo. Just sprinkle some into the melted base once it has cooled and thickened up a little.

Wow that was full of typos.. darn you autocorrect.

Gold flakes in M&P soap

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037BIHHM/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Could you use something like this? I know lots of people use foil flakes and accents in nail design so you may be able to get hold of something at a nail product supplier.

You can also buy mica flakes in a variety of shades if you have a Google.

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched 24k gold flakes for soap, and a bunch of info comes up. Hope this helps! Let us know what you end up doing.

Latest posts

Back