Perm smell to M&P soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JrVTG

Reaction score
I have a strange question as I'm not sure if this is just me, or the soap I've been purchasing.

So far I've been ordering soap from a person on etsy, and I'm not sure if my body chemicals are reacting, or if they've messed something up on their formulas. I've noticed that with a good majority of their soaps I smell a strong perm-like odor after using them in the bath. They smell fine before hand, though have a very similar scent to all of them. But as soon as I get them wet and start bathing with them, that odor surfaces.

Is it possible that she's used too much fragrance or additives? Or that the soap is reacting badly with my natural chemistry? I'm wanting to find out before I begin making my own soaps as I don't want to duplicate whatever is happening.

Many thanks for any advice!

Some M&P soap bases have an odor to them. The ones from the local craft shops do. PM me her shop name and I will take a look & see if I recognise her base or anything that might stand out as odd or different.

Back