Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tangs29

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to candle making and I want to make an ocean theme candle and I have hit a wall. I can't search from my phone but I was hoping to get some help about fragrances. I want to use a gel wax to make the candle because of the clarity with other wax used for the fish. I read that gel wax can only be made with certain fragrances, dyes and wicks. The only local place that has gel wax is Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Is the country lane brand gel wax able to mix with their brand of fragrances and dyes? I can't seem to get an answer anywhere I look. Thanks in advance

I'd like to share some information here -- as for suppliers, there are many, but you may wish to choose one close to you, or one that might sell everything you need in one purchase -- it can take a little looking around at first.

For seascape gel candles, I've found that medium density ("MP") Versagel is the nicest one to work with for my designs. It comes in three densities -- the light one does not allow for suspension of embeds too well; the heavy density is trickier to work with in that some people have more issues with bubbles -- I don't mind the heavy myself, but if you're just starting out, the medium would be best. The scents used in gel candles need to be specific scents that are okay to use with candle gel.

You might start here: http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Candle-Making/Candle-Gel

Then go to their fragrance oil section where it says "Candle Gel Fragrances."

Your wick type is going to be determined, in part, by the diameter of your container.

Thank you for the info it was really helpful! I will take a look at the link now [emoji16]

Latest posts

Back