Wet Spots

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyoti

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with Ecosoya CB Advance with wet spots or adhesion? Been doing loads of testing and it's frustrating. Even putting jars in oven for 24 hours and then suddenly bam, a wet spot appears when taken out the oven! - does anyone else have any tricks or tips.
My other option is to change wax, not sure what to?? and jars?
Thanks

Wet spots are just a part of candlemaking. Changing waxes won't help unless you use something that pulls completely away from the glass, but then you it is sloppy inside the container.

I have learned over the 13 years I've been doing this that customers don't even notice or know what wet spots are, so trying to get rid of them, is only frustrating to the maker. Nobody else cares. :)
And since it's only aesthetic, it's really not a big deal. :)

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's a fact of candlemaking.

I didn't even know there was such a thing. and I buy a lot of candle products. I've been reading a ton about candlemaking recently and assumed it a breeze since I never came across problems in candlemaking, until someone, either Vanessa or jcandleattic I think, informed me no, there are all kinds of problems in candlemaking! but I still never would have noticed the wet spot if you didn't say there was such a thing!

Thanks everyone for the responses! Yes jcandleattic not really what I want to hear but that's ok!!! Personally I wouldn't buy a candle with wetspots in either which is probably why I've been pulling my hair out and shedding a few tears when my candles show these little things! But never mind, it's all part of it and I'm glad it's normal!!
Thanks again and happy candle crafting :)

Thanks everyone for the responses! Yes jcandleattic not really what I want to hear but that's ok!!! Personally I wouldn't buy a candle with wetspots in either which is probably why I've been pulling my hair out and shedding a few tears when my candles show these little things! But never mind, it's all part of it and I'm glad it's normal!!
Thanks again and happy candle crafting :)

You're welcome, but wow. You must not buy many candles! ;) Or not many jar candles anyway. The big name candles are the worst for wet-spots. Next time you are out take a look. Now that you are making your own, it's amazing what you will notice in candles that you used to think were so great.

Latest posts

Back