Niaouli EO? How do you use it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joni342

Reaction score
I don't remember ordering this, but I ended up with a small bottle of niaouli EO in my stash. To me, it smells like vicks vaporub! Has anyone used this scent in your soaps? Do you combine with another scent? Just don't want my soap to smell like medicine. Suggestions?

thanks!!

I did a quick google and it looks like there are several

[ame="http://www.google.ca/search?q=niaouli+EO+recipe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a"]http://www.google.ca/search?q=niaouli+E ... =firefox-a[/ame]
(funny, the first result is this forum!)

Properties of Niaouli include analgesic, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, anti-spasmodic, balsamic, cicatrizant, regulator, stimulant and vermifuge. Niaouli Essential Oil is used locally for a wide variety of ailments including aches and pains, respiratory conditions, cuts and infections; it is also used to purify water. Due to its powerful antiseptic qualities it's a good choice of oil to treat skin conditions such as acne, boils, burns, cuts, insect bites and other similar conditions. It has also been used for treating respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis, catarrh, coughs and sore throats. Niaouli Essential Oil is also used in pharmaceutical preparations such as gargles, cough drops, toothpastes, and mouth sprays.

Blends well with: Basil, Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Myrtle, Orange, Pine, Rosemary, Peppermint, Tea Tree and Thyme.

Hope that helps!

Niaouli scent

Niaouli Essential Oil has a sweet, fresh, camphoraceous smell.
It's a middle note with a medium strength of aroma.

from Rainbow Meadow:

"The aroma of this Organic oil, while very similar to Tea Tree, is a gentler version of that scent but retains the camphorous notes. From the same family as Tea Tree, it shares the reputed therapeutic properties of being antiseptic and an aid to skin problems and cuts, among many others. For those that love the properties of Tea Tree but require a less medicinal scent, this is the oil of choice."

Back