Oil Infusion Experiment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This green is from spirulina powder directly in the soap batter. It fades to a shade much like your wheat grass but darker.
11blp43.jpg

You need a alien head stamp for your crop circles:)

I took pics of my cold infusion , which I make all the time :) I am happy with alkanet root powder but no so much with stinging nettle, I will probably use it for calming itch and eczema salve. My cold infusion will go on for 4 weeks then I strain it and use for whatever i need:)

DSCN4185_009.jpg

DSCN4186_010.jpg

Is there any particular oil that is better for making infusions? Or is it just a case of playing around and experimenting? :-D

Conversely, is there any particular oil that should be avoided for this purpose?

Cheers
SK

I currently have a batch of rosemary cold infusing. Wasn't sure what I was doing but I had some trimmings from the garden so I stripped the fresh leaves from the stalk and put them in a mason jar with olive oil. A quick shake and it immediately picked up some of the color. Sitting on my shelf right now. I'm hoping that the scent will come through as well.

Really interesting! Cool thanks for sharing :) The soaps look great I'd love to see them with the pig snout or stamp when you're finished.

Every oil can be used in infusion. I had not try FCO yet.. My favorite is sunflower high oleic and pure olive oil.

Since you are working for color, I recommend the lightest, clearest oil possible. I like peanut, believe it or not. I know the professionals talk a lot about sweet almond, presumably because it is so light, but I don't keep sweet almond oil around. Light olive works well too. If you are working on greens and browns then grape seed works well too. Just my 2 cents.

I currently have a batch of rosemary cold infusing. Wasn't sure what I was doing but I had some trimmings from the garden so I stripped the fresh leaves from the stalk and put them in a mason jar with olive oil. A quick shake and it immediately picked up some of the color. Sitting on my shelf right now. I'm hoping that the scent will come through as well.

Be careful infusing fresh herbs. I had to toss a bunch of oil that I had infused with a fresh plant because to developed all kinds of gross things in it.

Latest posts

Back