How is this wave pattern done?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welder

Reaction score
Hi again everyone.

I guess I could have just PM'ed this question to Nizzy, but other people here may know the answer too, and also asking someone a technical question in a PM deprives others from learning a technique they might not already be aware of.

Anyway, how is this wave pattern done?:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/t ... 1203337198

Stuff like using soap stamps and custom molds to get intricate repeatable patterns I understand reasonably well (I think).

Stuff like marbling, adding ribbons, checkerboards and swirls I also understand, but the top of Nizzys beautiful mica topped soap has a very wavy lemon merangue pie type of look.

I'm really curious how it's done to nicely.

Anyone know how?

Thanks.

Hi!

Nizzy told me he uses a teaspoon and waits until the batter in the mould is firm enough to take and keep the impression he makes - trial & error there! He just dips and scoops until it is like he wants it.

HTH!

Tanya :D

I also use a spoon when I want to texture the top of my soap, it works great.

Chopsticks! I can't remember who it was - but someone here told me about chopsticks, and they work great!

Deda said:
Chopsticks! I can't remember who it was - but someone here told me about chopsticks, and they work great!

Deda, did you use a chopstick to texture the top of your orange chamomile soap you posted? If so, that is one beautiful effect :D

Tanya :)

Yep! I love them for textures!

I'm not too happy with the soap now, the carrot powder faded and its not orange, but a pale peach. It smells good, but I wanted a more vibrant color.

Edited - I just searched and it was BeachGirl who told me about the Chopsticks, use the search, her soaps are so pretty.

Chop sticks work well, but I use my wire whisk. I just dip it in & pull it out & twist or whatever.

The trick is doing it when the soap's at the right consistency. I did a scent that was called Sea Moss & made the top look like waves.

Deda said:
Yep! I love them for textures!

I'm not too happy with the soap now, the carrot powder faded and its not orange, but a pale peach. It smells good, but I wanted a more vibrant color.

Edited - I just searched and it was BeachGirl who told me about the Chopsticks, use the search, her soaps are so pretty.

Thank you......now that I have done a whole (one) rebatch - perhaps you can rebatch your pretties and add more colour? Will that work? Do you only used natural colours to colour your soaps? I have a natural paprika extract (oil soluble liquid - VERY strong colour) which give a lovely peachy orange colour from pale peach to bright orange depending how much you use and it seems to hold up well in CP. Being on the other side of the world from you my supplier's post cost is probably prohibitive, however you can google it to see if you can find it closer. Here is a link for details:-

http://aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/Natura ... r-821.html

:)

Latest posts

Back