What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading all the fun posts I wish I had been more creative with my username! I use this username for most online settings but should have branched out! Just shortened versions of my name :) (although it does sound like a cleaning product... oops!)

I'm a Leo (and I'm very Leo!) The username is one I use on several forums. The avatar is because on other forums I neglected the capitalization and people didn't get that it was two words. The avatar clears up confusion. Mostly. :)

I've been AtomicKitty in many forums - and for many years now. It's second nature to use it. My avatar is just a cute cat picture I found somewhere.

I am mommycarlson because my kids picked that name for me years ago when setting up an email address for me. It just stuck and I use it to this day. My current avatar is a picture of a pretty soap I made :)

More than a decade ago, when I was a teenager, I somehow found this little tidbit on the Internet:

The Greek word toxon means "bow" or "arrow." From this came the Greek toxikon, meaning "a poison in which arrows are dipped." Toxikon was borrowed into Latin as toxicum, which gave rise to the Latin verb intoxicare, "to poison."

I thought it was a cool word, so it became my username. Still using it 12+ years later...

I used to be poisnangel everywhere. Then gmail decided I wasn't old enough to have my email account anymore and wanted to charge my credit card as proof to keep my email. I had had the account for probably 10 years at the time and refused on principle. I needed a new name and the only thing that came to mind was the current name. My name is Michele, husband is Mike, our children are Michaelangelo, Maximilian, Maeve and Maverick. So M times 6 and we live in Pennsylvania.

LucyPfeffa is my nom-de-net (I don't trust using my real name on the internet). My avatar is the statue of Neptune in Virginia Beach that I took on one of my road trips. I just like the pic. My profile pic is from the same road trip.

My username is from an old anime I saw in high school, and my avatar is a picture of one of the characters from an old video game I played in my youth for the Sega Genesis called Phantasy Star 4. "Wren" was always the voice of reason... :)

my reasons

My Avatar is a bottle of honey from our first year of beekeeping. First years harvest was 180lbs. Second year harvest with three times the hives was 25lbs.
The differences were weather each spring, and we made splits the second year.
Name choice was one I use in most sites. I picked it because it's been my nuickname for over 30 years, plus the age I was at the time was taken, as well as the next four years, so had to go with 45. Had it for 18 years now.
:wave:

My boyfriend of almost & years, by accident texted me " good night sexymess"
He meant to say sexyness. Because that's what he called me, like it was my name for about 2 years. Then we got matching phones and it just happened. I also am a bit depressed amd my house is a bit messy ;-) :mrgreen:
It's also the name of my soap. I am so happy to be here. I am sure I'll be asking a lot of questions

ManScent came from me jokingly telling my three sons to "ask Mama if she likes the man scent" after putting some of my (freshly-opened) deodorant on each of them. God bless that woman for having the patience to deal with us :lol:

My username comes from a story in my head. One of their concerns a young woman named Azure Ihrat. In her world, second names are inherited from the (birth or adopted) mother for a female child, and the father for a male child - either for neither, or if your parents aren't polar. If no record of your parents exists, you do not get a second name. Azure's last name appears on all official documentation and legal records; but there are no records of anyone else with the second name Ihrat. The word Ihrat also means something awful in her language - essentially, it means "murderer". I liked the character and her sense of loss and accompanying journey to understand her reality.

The picture is of a nice flower I came across in Walter Sisulu National Park. :)

My user name of course, I'm a soaper and the year I got married, very special to me so it is easy to remember. My avatar is a pic of some soap I painted with mica colors of Santa, which my father, who was an artist was famous for his Santa paintings! I love how everyone is so creative with there play on words, I guess my brain just doesn't think like that, lol.

Well I am a midwife and when people ask my husband what I do for a living he tells them I am a witch. So, MidWitch seemed fitting and thus is the name of my soaping hoby....The MidWitchery. I don't sell publicly, just to friends and family but who knows what the future holds?

Whe I first started painting I joined an artist forum, and had no idea what to pick. I looked around and saw this sun chimes I had hanging, and it became SunFace. My forum names have become a variation of the name.

Since most people shower in the morning, I thought Soaps by SunRise was fitting.

My avatar is a sun face bath bomb I made.

Love reading everyone's!

"Kittish" is a name I came up with back in the early 90's when internet was just becoming widely available. Kind of a mashup of kittenish and skittish. I've been using it ever since most of the places I have any on-line presence.

My avatar is Miss Munchkin, a lovely lady that I had the privilege of knowing far too briefly. Had her for about 7 years, then she vanished one day. Slipped out somehow and was just gone.

Cobbsie has been my online forum / gaming
/ online presence name since the early days of online gaming and forums. It was cobwebb right at the start and got shortened very quickly by the people I gamed with and it stuck ever since. I was horrified a year or so ago to find someone else had used it as one of their characters in an online game and caused much confusion!
The avatars I use generally (not uploaded yet) is also a long standing avatar that has run alongside the name forever.

Latest posts

Back