All Natural Liquid Lotion?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sensoriella

Reaction score
Hey guys, is it possible to have a liquid lotion with water that is all natural? There is a company around here, decently big, and they sell such a thing and im wondering how that is possible. There is borate in there, is that a preservative? (doubt it) https://www.oliviersoaps.com/our-products/natural-creams-lotions/dry-skin-lotion

And on that same note, is there a way to create a creamy liquid lotion type product? NO water and all natural. Ive never seen anything like that, so I imagine maybe there isnt lol. Ive only seen balms, butters and solid lotions.

Thanks!

I have heard a way to get away with it is to mix the preservative in with your fragrance. Then you can just list "fragrances", but that seems pretty shady to me. You can call something "All Natural" and have preservatives, there are no laws for that labeling in the united states.

*Borate is not a broad spectrum preservative, it does have anti-microbal properties though. If that is all they are using to preserve the product it has a fairly high risk of contamination/short self life.

Last edited:
You could make a whipped body butter using just butters and oils with some arrowroot to help with the greasiness. I make whipped shea butter and love it.

It looks like they are emulsifying with beeswax and borax. It can be done but consistent results are very difficult using this method.

Latest posts

Back