Which scale to buy?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, what a handsome wee gentleman.

I also got a small scale for lotion making that goes down to hundredths of a gram. I'm convinced Amazon has put me a watch list, considering the gloves, respirator mask, pipettes, beakers, and now teeny scale I most often associated with mob movies before becoming addicted to soaping.

Aww, what a handsome wee gentleman.

I also got a small scale for lotion making that goes down to hundredths of a gram. I'm convinced Amazon has put me a watch list, considering the gloves, respirator mask, pipettes, beakers, and now teeny scale I most often associated with mob movies before becoming addicted to soaping.
lol, yeah my UPS guy has glared at me suspiciously at times as well...

With notes in caps on some packages 'Do not let this get wet!!!' (lye) 80 lb deliveries, and Solomon tries to eat the UPS man a lot. Yeap, he is probably not my biggest fan, either.

My TD 8000 came yesterday so I will try it out with my new slab mold which also came yesterday. Thank you all for the recommendations!
It's much bigger than my previous scale so it won't fit in a drawer but I love the display and the protective cover...very practical for soap makers. I also love how the top/cover comes off for cleaning.

001.jpg

Yours looks so shiny, new and pretty. LOL, after 3+ yrs mine looks pretty bad. My protective cover broke around the 2nd month I owned it and the other protective covers were just in my way, she looks pretty sad but works like a champ.

Yours looks so shiny, new and pretty. LOL, after 3+ yrs mine looks pretty bad. My protective cover broke around the 2nd month I owned it and the other protective covers were just in my way, she looks pretty sad but works like a champ.
Well my previous scale lasted over ten years and I was hoping to get ten out of this one but was surprised to see the 30 year warranty! I bake a lot, especially bread so this will really be a treat as my older scale was much smaller and didn't handle 5 pound plus bread dough weights very well.

what is the difference between TD 800 and TD 700? I am wondering , do you know?

The 8000 weighs up to 8000 grams, and the 7000 weighs up to 7000 grams. I've got the 7000. I bought it about 3 years ago or so and it still works like a champ. :thumbup:

IrishLass :)

rparrny, I love the NSA mug and your signature. Both so true! :lol:
Ty! Believe it or not the NSA tried to put the guy that made those out of business and told him to stop selling them. I of course went right away and ordered some hoodies for my son and nephew with the same logo...:razz:

I use my TD 7000 for bread making also. Hmm...french bread tomorrow...yum...

Mmmmm- French bread! That sounds so good right now! I use mine for bread, too, and for all my other foodie adventures. I don't know how I ever got along without it in the kitchen. It's improved my cooking tremendously! :thumbup:

IrishLass :)

Love the timing of this thread - I needed new scales and ordered the KD7000 because of your recommendations. It should be here tomorrow and I've already laid out micas and fo's in anticipation of making soap - until I remembered that some scales need to be calibrated....does the 7000? I didn't order a weight for it!

Love the timing of this thread - I needed new scales and ordered the KD7000 because of your recommendations. It should be here tomorrow and I've already laid out micas and fo's in anticipation of making soap - until I remembered that some scales need to be calibrated....does the 7000? I didn't order a weight for it!

No, it comes calibrated but the instructions do discuss times when you may need to recalibrate. I wouldn't worry about it so much, I think it meant more for heavy duty baking.

We make sourdough bread for over three years. I can not stomach commercial breads anymore :)) When I buy this scale is going to have double function too:)

No, it comes calibrated but the instructions do discuss times when you may need to recalibrate. I wouldn't worry about it so much, I think it meant more for heavy duty baking.

Thanks so much! It's now sitting on the counter still unopened since I haven't had a free moment to soap. :evil:

Latest posts

Back