Tussah Silk for Soap & Spinning

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs. S, I am 100% sure someone has done that, and tried to sell it at some crazy amount per oz. I am thinking the next frontier is some kind of magic animal poo that will make all of us younger (or older), taller (or shorter), thinner (or fatter), depending on the need. Sadly, I will probably surreptitiously order the "taller making" stuff :)
During my training in Chinese medicine my favorite weird ingredient was flying squirrel poop...ya gotta think...who first decided that it would make a good medicine...or did a flying squirrel just fly over the tea water and poop....

During my training in Chinese medicine my favorite weird ingredient was flying squirrel poop...ya gotta think...who first decided that it would make a good medicine...or did a flying squirrel just fly over the tea water and poop....

(Putting down my tea). Oh my. Remind me to ask my herbalist to tell me what's exactly in my concoction during my next visit.

(Putting down my tea). Oh my. Remind me to ask my herbalist to tell me what's exactly in my concoction during my next visit.
If your herbalist uses Chinese medicine theory...you're better off not asking...blood, insects, testicles, poisons, the velvet off of deer antlers...and if you knew how much a gallstone from a cow is worth, you'd open a dairy and feed them all pizza...

The critical question, is it supposed to make you taller? :)
Its been a while and without looking it up...don't quote me but I think it was used for flu like illness, cause I remember learning about it and imagining the husband fixing his wife a pot of tea for her illness and a squirrel flying by and pooping in the pot...he chooses not to tell her...and viola! she gets better...

If your herbalist uses Chinese medicine theory...you're better off not asking...blood, insects, testicles, poisons, the velvet off of deer antlers...and if you knew how much a gallstone from a cow is worth, you'd open a dairy and feed them all pizza...

Yikes.

you should try it.. its absolutely fabulous .. you can use natural silk thread also.

Oh YOU people ... always dropping more knowledge on me and making me explore the edges of my comfort zone when it comes to adding "this or that" to my soap. If soaping is an addiction ... consider yourselves either "pushers" or "enablers"! :D

I prefer to think of myself as a product pusher. :)

Pusher, enabler, peer pressure ... whateverrrrr ... I just ordered a couple ounces myself. That's a couple of ounces of the silk; lest anyone think something untoward. :shock:

Back