If you could only have one FO, what would it be??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second on the WSP NC. I hate that it went up so much, too. It is pretty much the only FO I will spend over $30/lb for. Although I have been looking for a vanilla that I can live with - I don't really like it, but so many people do - and thanks to you guys and your darn recommendations I have some Vanilla Oak in the WSP wish list, which is just as bad. Also some of the Vanilla Verbena, not as bad, but bad enough. Am I imagining it, or have WSP FOs gone up a lot in the last couple of years?

Hey Canadian soapers;)) Candora have Nag champa
I am going there to take a snif and order it, however they usually give me that when I wait 5 minutes;)) It is on my way to work :))

My all time favorite soap fragrance is Lemon Verbena. I haven't bought any yet, though. It's on my list of things to get. Does anyone have a favorite supplier for that one? I'll be getting a big bottle of it. (And I probably won't be sharing, either!) :lol:

Edit: my bad. I did buy some. I have crafter's choice. I discovered that because I just went into the drying room to check soaps and one is labeled lemon verbena. Go figure.

Last edited:
My all time favorite soap fragrance is Lemon Verbena. I haven't bought any yet, though. It's on my list of things to get. Does anyone have a favorite supplier for that one? I'll be getting a big bottle of it. (And I probably won't be sharing, either!) :lol:

Edit: my bad. I did buy some. I have crafter's choice. I discovered that because I just went into the drying room to check soaps and one is labeled lemon verbena. Go figure.

Ha ha....was just going to recommend theirs to you! To me, theirs smells just like the lemon verbena growing outside my back door. It's a good seller for me, too.

Sooo hard. I guess if I had to pick ONE it would be Tony's Applejack and Peel, b/c it is universally beloved by my family. Tony's is now Pure Fragrance. I haven't bought it from them yet, so I still call it "Tony's".

K, I'll try emailing her again. The site still shows a 5 lb min. order (other than the sniffie) but def. worth checking on, I really love that stuff. Thanks.

K, she answered super fast, reply below. It looks as if I might be out of luck until the fall unless someone makes a big order. I hope this does not mean it's on its way out, period, sometimes this stocking pattern does.

"Currently we are out of stock. Unless I have an interest in at least 5 lbs, I will not be restocking Bonsai until this fall. I am not going to capitalize a 50 lb drum right now for only a 1 lb purchase though. I am sure you understand.

Kelly
Soapalooza.com"
Kelly actually does this with several of her fo's that she has not brought into full time stock.

And dragons blood fos vary so much from supplier to supplier. I had a sample of Soapalooza's Sangre de Draco and loved it. But I ordered some NG with a big order and I find it... lacking. Someone on here is a big DB fan and has a fav. I'll need to look up my post where they told me their supplier.

The actual dragons blood is the resin from a tree. It can be ground and heat infused into oil. It is terribly expensive tho.
I am probably the one your are thinking of. Yes NG's is very lacking. Pure Fragrance Oils has the best I have found other than the one I had made for me. I am very much a DB snob ;). Sangre de Draco is the next best, but still prefer PFO's.

I am probably the one your are thinking of. Yes NG's is very lacking. Pure Fragrance Oils has the best I have found other than the one I had made for me. I am very much a DB snob ;). Sangre de Draco is the next best, but still prefer PFO's.

Well I should have 4oz of PFO's (along with 6 other 1oz samples) waiting in my mailbox today. Thank you for contributing to my FO addiction!

:D

Strawberry Milkshake from Saffire Blue. They discontinued it and I now don't know what to do with myself. I'd rather keep my last 300ml for myself (even though everyone else is "addicted" to it too). :-(

Has anyone else tried an amazing Strawberry Milkshake FO from another company?

Honeysuckle.... it's one of the few scents that I truly love.... it reminds me of summer and being a kid :)

Back