Making cupcake soaps! PIC

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I'm making cupcake soaps! The bottom is CP and the "icing" is going to be whipped CP. Just waiting on my oils and lye water to chill so I can get started on "frosting" the cupcakes I made last night.

I'm just wondering, do I need to spray the tops of the cupcakes with anything, or do any kind of prep on them so that the top layer of soap (the icing) sticks?

Thanks! I'm hoping to finish them off in the next hour or so and I will be posting pics (if the whipped CP turns out that is - I haven't had much luck with it in the past but I am going to try, try again!)

:)

Update:

Here's the finished cupcake soaps! Very happy with how they turned out. :) The ones with white icing are "chocolate" cupcakes scented with a birthday cake FO, and the ones with the yellow icing are unscented "vanilla" soap on the bottom, and pineapple upside down cake scented icing!

Cupcakesoaps007.jpg

Ashley, I think that if it is CP to CP you are good to go....only MP pops apart if not spritzed well with alcohol. I know that Nizzy uses fresh whipped CP to stick other CP soaps together, so it should be fine.

Tanya :)

Thanks Tanya!

It worked!! I am so relieved. Last time I tried to make whipped soap it was a total flop. This time it worked out wonderfully!

Only thing I need to remember for next time is that it is not REALLY icing 8) .... forgot to wear the gloves and have whipped "frosting" all over the kitchen... ouch! My poor pooch who is always at my feet when I'm cooking stuck her nose in a blob that dropped on the floor. :( Poor thing... I attacked her with vinegar when it happened. I feel so bad. :( She is such a little scrounger when I'm in the kitchen. She was into it a second after it hit the floor!

Anyway!! Operation cupcakes - success! I'll post pictures once they set up tomorrow. I don't want to move them around yet in case they collapse or something!

Pic posted! I was too excited to wait until tomorrow. I am so impatient when it comes to soap! ;)

Ashley - I love those cupcakes!!!! They are just the best!!! I'm drooling on my computer they are so real looking.....

OMG forget washing with them I wont to eat them.................If it didn't say that this was a soap I would not have guessed. I LOVE THEM....It doesn't bring out the little girl in me (LOL I AM A MALE) but it does bring out the little boy....

I am just wondering something. Isn't wiped soap got the consistency of a whipped cream? Or is this something else (I am picturing that soap at hospital rest rooms). Do they get as hard as regular CP? What is the sprinkles on top?

Would you trade one of them for my first born? (AS-IS on first born. I take no responsibility for his actions after this exchange)

desert_gold_hound said:
OMG forget washing with them I wont to eat them.................If it didn't say that this was a soap I would not have guessed. I LOVE THEM....It doesn't bring out the little girl in me (LOL I AM A MALE) but it does bring out the little boy....

I am just wondering something. Isn't wiped soap got the consistency of a whipped cream? Or is this something else (I am picturing that soap at hospital rest rooms). Do they get as hard as regular CP? What is the sprinkles on top?

Would you trade one of them for my first born? (as is on first born. I take no responsibility for his actions after this exchange)

LOL!! Thanks everyone for the comments.

This is the first time I have successfully made whipped soap (tried two other times and it flopped), so I don't know if I should be giving advice - buttttt my whipped soap (this time) was the consistency of Cool Whip. It wasn't super super thick, but not watery either. I found it came out of the piping bag a little soft, but within about 10 seconds on the cupcake it started getting stiffer.

Whipped soap is lighter than regular CP, so it probably won't get as hard? Especially when it's piped on like frosting - I can see it being kind of delicate once it's hard?

The sprinkles on top are real cake sprinkles. I've seen other people use them... I guess there's no harm?

Latest posts

Back