basic recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjay23

Reaction score
hello guys,
I wanted to ask for your opinion on my recipe. I want to use :

100 grams castor oil
250 grams coconut oil
150 grams olive oil

and beer and NaOH solution, instead of distilled water, and superfatting it at maybe 3-4% becouse I really want a cleansing shampoo bar...what do you think? any tips? :)

I superfat my shampoo at 6%.
And i would becareful about adding so much coconut oil, it could really dry out your scalp/strip your hair.
but at the same time im more of a fan of conditioning shampoos.

Even with a 5% superfat the numbers for your soap indicate a really hard bar with a cleansing value of the soap that is too high. You want a value of 12 to 22. Why not add 75 grams of shea butter and 75 grams of sweet almond oil. You would still have a hard bar with good lather.

Last edited:
To be honest..I can't afford any shea butter and can't find almond or avocado oil ( i'm from croatia).
So could someone suggest me the best recipe with these 3 oils so my shampoo bar will be cleansing, and conditioning...hard of course...and how.much should I superfat it?

Last time I used
50 grams castor oil, 100 grams coconut oil, 100 grams sunflowerr oil and 200 grams oliive oil. I superfatted at 5% and the bar was horrible...my hair was all stringy and oily and waxy couse of it...so that's what I do not want

Last edited:
Back