They call me Pappy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful news! When it all comes down to it it's always about family. (As far as age goes.... I think Pappy will get the last laugh as he's watching daughter/son trying to keep up with that "little guy" :) )

Congratulations! They actually picked a good name for you! Babies can say the following sounds first-b, p, m, d. So, yours is right up there in the first four! My parents chose Gran and Gramps, and wondered why it took many months for babies to say it.

What a wonderfully special day! Congrats on such a great gift. Today is my birthday as well and my parents always said they were so glad I was born before the first of the year so they got the tax write off, lol! Just a tiny bonus for such a wonderful event.:clap:

Congratulations, Pappy! That's wonderful news! Fair warning, though.....if you're ever given the honor of diaper duty, don't be surprised if the name of 'Pappy' turns into 'Poop Deck Pappy', a la Popeye (it sure would in our family, I guarantee :lol:).

We always called our grandparents Grandma and Grandpa. My mom called hers Mémé and Pépé, but she herself and my stepdad liked to be called Grammy and Pa by the grandkids.

IrishLass :)

Congratulations!

I was asked what I shall be called. I decided it would be whatever he called me (my first grandson was born in May of this year.)

Congratulations!

I was asked what I shall be called. I decided it would be whatever he called me (my first grandson was born in May of this year.)

I actually like that idea and grats on the grandson.

Thanks to everyone. Having another grandkid is a conundrum for me. For the life of me I can't figure out how I ever made it past 25, much less get my head around the fact that I'm over 50. In my head, I'm still in my 30's. :) I'm fighting the whole aging thing, tooth and nail. But then I hold the little rascal, or play with the other one, and yeah...it's all worth it. Like Cindy said, it's really family that matters the most.

That said, we're always clamoring for pics. so, meet Samuel, 8lbs 12oz.

Sam.jpg

I'm thinking if he's like most guys, he's gonna take a good 30 years to cure. Probably go through a lot of physical changes and some chemical reactions along the way, like a swirl that never stops changing. But I'm thinking this one is a keeper, and I'm planning on being there through the whole process. I'm a proud Gra.....uh, Pappy.

He's having a procedure tomorrow, but you'll have to excuse me if I don't post the "Cut" pics. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back