This is me... connecting our names.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm Laurie. Am I really the only lesbian here? Here's a picture from this summer, just after I married my partner of 16 years.

Great seeing you Cupcake, and Shaan too! I am not lesbian but almost ought to be for all of my close friends who are ;) I am one of the few atheists here I think, but if any of this really matters in making or keeping friendship (or soapship, lol), I'm fine without them. My mama always said "it takes all kinds to make the world go around," and with me, it stuck.

I thought I'd include a picture of those who have inspired me as well:

5012_220459295723_1168746_n.jpg

Brother, sister in law, sister, neice, wife, me, daughter, nephew, father, mother.

My father is the person who inspires me to create ... this is why my "brand" is Silver Fox. That was his nickname and ironically I am earning that own moniker more often than not these days.

Last edited:
I see nothing impolite or promoting intolerance in any post above yours, LBussy. Instead, I see respect, diversity, and sharing that directly address the OPs original question of
How much diversity do we have in this soaping/crafting forum?

However, I do see some potential value in what you are requesting. In the interest of keeping the original intent of this thread on track and without debate, I created a new thread for the sidetrack at http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?p=484793#post484793

Please, everyone, continue to post your smiling faces in this truly amazing thread, and take the other discussion to the new thread. The original thread here is a wonderful tool for deepening our sense of community within this forum.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, it is so nice to meet you all. This pic is a few years old but the only one I could find. It is my daughter and I.

I make a living owning a couple of small restaurants in my area with my partner and husband. The restaurant world is definitely challenging. To relieve some stress, I started Metalsmithing about 7 years ago which is my passion. And then came soap. Which has taken every spare moment of my time learning and playing and creating and has now become an addiction. Who knew... I LOVE Soap! I have only been making soap for a little of a year and plan on being able to merge my two creative outlets into a small business some day and leave my hellacious restaurant life forever. Amen. LOL
I love this forum because I feel that we all speak the same language, since no one else around me seems to know what I am talking about.

DSCN1037.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm Sonya (did my username give that away?). I'm in the UK and started soaping 2 months ago. Here's me on my wedding day (last September):

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421880621.495506.jpg

And me and my new hubby:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421880665.413520.jpg

My other passion is cake making/decorating. I made my own wedding cake:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421880723.004134.jpg

I'm really enjoying learning all I can about soap making - this forum has been an amazing source of information from people always willing to help.

I work as an accountant for a wind farm installation/subsea cable laying company - I'm currently studying to become a chartered accountant so soap making is my way to switch off.

I don't have any children but my husband has a daughter from a previous relationship so I see her as my child - I've been in her life since she was 1.5, she's 8 now.

Lovely pictures.

Did you use a mix for the cake? Because that is cheating, you know. ((Runs and hides))

She would have known about the cake mix and making soap!!!!! But that has been in conversation on this forum so is fresh in the mind and with the wedding cake picture, I think you just couldn't stop yourself! !!!

Sonya, he is just trying to be funny ;) welcome to the forum!

I figured he was joking but didn't know about the ongoing conversation - I will hunt it out

It is in the Melt and Pour section. But yes, pictures are beautiful and so are you are your cake :)

Latest posts

Back