Aliexpress order update

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
So yesterday I went to the post office to pick up the molds that I'd ordered from Aliexpress in November. Thanks to Fata Morgana, who helped me figure out how to do an image search on Google, I was able to locate the mold I'd seen on Pinterest, and fallen in love with. This is the one.... http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6368487283.html

I've been waiting, and waiting, getting a little nervous, but yesterday, I walked up the steps to the post office, went to the counter, and here's what they handed me....I had to laugh, thankful that they were squishy silicone molds inside. Anything else would have been in sad shape. I laughed again when I read the shipping label that listed the contents as "bakeware", since the molds were somehow listed in the "Cake Tools" section of Aliexpress. Thankfully, the molds are just fine and I can't wait to soap in them! Just thought I'd share this experience, in case any of you out there were thinking of ordering from Aliexpress.

crushed1.jpg

I've ordered jewelry, soap making supplies, etc from AliExpress and have never had any issues with anything. However be prepared to wait at least a month or so to receive your stuff but at the prices they offer it it worth it IMO.

Looks like they tried to turn it into an accordian...lol .

Exactly! I picture a ship's captain on a slow boat from China, up on the deck, leaning against the rail, smoking a pipe as he gazes off in to the distance, scanning the horizon for icebergs, and resting his big, booted foot on this little box. LOL

Did u have to pay any taxes or customs charges? I had problems in the UK when I ordered from there as I had to pay a big extra charge to get my items released from customs and excise.

Did u have to pay any taxes or customs charges? I had problems in the UK when I ordered from there as I had to pay a big extra charge to get my items released from customs and excise.

No, shipping was free and there were no customs or tax fees. Guess I can count myself lucky.

lovely mold! how many pieces did you end up buying? thanks to this thread, i am now (gulp) browsing molds on alieexpress! you enabler you :p

lovely mold! how many pieces did you end up buying? thanks to this thread, i am now (gulp) browsing molds on alieexpress! you enabler you :p

I ended up buying three of them. You really have to look around, some of their soap molds are listed under bakeware, even though they're obviously not something you would bake in. I just went back, and stumbled across another mold that I've been looking everywhere for. A friend at work had helped me to decipher a Chinese website, where I had found it, but couldn't make heads or tails of the prices, but it cost more there than I wanted to pay, plus shipping. I found it on Aliexpress for quite a bit less, with free shipping. Not something I'm in a hurry for, so now I'll just sit and wait.......

Back