Long time no see!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
Hi and hello again gang, long time no chat -

For those of you who have been exposed to my ramblings before I just wanted to pop in and say hi!

And if you are new here - hello there! Looking forward to see newbies as well old timers around here.

It has been some rough months filled with increased health issues that made me have to take an unplanned, but very neccesary sabatical. I am not going to specific, but just lets say it was so much going on that I just had to stop and focus on one thing at a time, and just taking a break and try to breathe through it all. The break from posting the forum happened suddenly, not something I planned at all, but just absolutely had to because I was thrown into a whirlwind of health issues that were very painfull. Still is. This whirlwind also affected my budget, so I even had to bow out of a very kind offer from someone here because I couldn`t even pay shipping, so needless to say it hasn`t been fun.

Trying to manage as best as I can on a daily basis, and are slowly getting back into things, and soaping for my family and friends. Not that any of us is are running out of soaps exactly... *cough* o_O

I have tried to post on insta about things I managed to do here and there. Some of it was things I had already done right before my break and snapped images of, and some things I managed to do and then rest up afterwards. Because DIY is therapy, even editing old images and posting them after the fact : )

I don`t really know what is going to happen with me, I just have to roll with the punches. But, I may pop in and annoy you with my ramblings now and then. I am afraid that neither of my issues have cured my boring sense of humor.

In fact, it may have worsened...

Lastly, but not least..
I wanted to thank whoever of the mods / admin sent me an email letting me know I had been missed.
I just wanted to say that was very sweet of you, whoever you are, so wanted to say thank you. I am not one of those who have a lot of self asteem although I am working on it, I really did not expect anyone to notice my absence, so it was so nice that someone noticed and wanted me back. Thank you <3

Off to bed, but untill next time -
Take care : )

MSH, I have absolutely noticed your absence and have missed your delightful sense of humor. I am sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it lately, and really hope that you are starting to feel better. It will be nice to have you pop in when you are up to it.

Welcome back! :) It wasn't me that sent the PM, but as it so happens, you've actually been on my mind lately and I was hoping that you were okay. I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time of things, but you are in my prayers for a full recovery!

IrishLass :)

MSH, I have absolutely noticed your absence and have missed your delightful sense of humor. I am sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it lately, and really hope that you are starting to feel better. It will be nice to have you pop in when you are up to it.

Thank you dibles, you`re so sweet! I will pop in as often as I can, this place is such a nice place to hang out in! : )

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues but hope you'll be feeling better each day!

Thank you so much, Snappy! I am a positive person by nature (at least I think I am) so I am sure everything will work out ok. And if it doesn`t I am no worse off than I am today : )

Glad to have you back.

Thank you, TEG, appreciated : )

Oh SoapyHeart, you were missed. Sure wish it had been something happy or just busy that had kept you away. Take care of yourself and I hope your health improves.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, lena, appreciate it a lot : )

Welcome back!

Thank you, Susie! Missed chatting about soap.
It is only so much I can say to people who aren`t soapers, before their eyes glaze over *grin* : D

MySoapyHeart, I'm glad you posted because I thought of you recently (and then wondered where you had disappeared to)! A friend was visiting family in Norway over the holidays and brought back some of that delicious brown goat milk cheese for me (the Heidal Ysteri brand of brunost). It made me remember this post where you had brought it up and sparked a fun conversation about it.

Even though I'm a relative newcomer around here, your posts always stood out to me as they are often filled with candid humor and many times your style of writing made me laugh (with you!). I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and am sending you good wishes for improvement each day.

MySoapyHeart, I'm glad you posted because I thought of you recently (and then wondered where you had disappeared to)! A friend was visiting family in Norway over the holidays and brought back some of that delicious brown goat milk cheese for me (the Heidal Ysteri brand of brunost). It made me remember this post where you had brought it up and sparked a fun conversation about it.

Even though I'm a relative newcomer around here, your posts always stood out to me as they are often filled with candid humor and many times your style of writing made me laugh (with you!). I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and am sending you good wishes for improvement each day.

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate them! : )

I have been struggling most of my life, and although my body is worsening, that is not the case with my sense of enjoyment in life. I appreciate the small things and I`ll find something to make me smile everyday. Yeeeees, I know, a total clichè, *insert eyeroll here* but it IS how I feel, can`t help it: P

Oh, and yes I remember that cheesy-talk! Where we live we can`t get a hold of that particular brand you are mentioning, we have to drive far and wide as the shops here are more limited in the cheese assortment (arghh...)
So we have to stick to another brand of brunost. But it is a good one - and lemme`tell ya... If we run out before I can get a hold of a new 1 pounder of brown cheese, my hubby gets really depressed. It his go-to cheese when he is eating breakfast.
So needless to say, we are well stocked up on that thing, lol!

Here's hoping you beat whatever problem has you down!
You're on the knee mail list.

Thank you for caring, Steve : )

Latest posts

Back