oregon trail amount ppo?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd start with .5 oz ppo, but then I always start with .5 oz regardless of the manufacturer. I adjust the amount after testing according to how well it sticks.

I would contact them to see what the msds is for the fragrances you purchased. Until then, if they are pretty common fragrances I too would start with .5 ppo.

I just had a look, and so far, I've only been able to find 3 FOs with a specific usage rate mentioned: Buzzy Buttermilk Bath (.7 oz. ppo); Chai Tea (.5 oz. ppo); and Tradewinds (.5 oz. ppo). She has a contact page, so I would try contacting her to find out the usage rate of the fragrances you are using.

IrishLass :)

Edited to add that of the FOs I have from them, I use a range of anywhere between .3 oz ppo to 1 oz ppo. It's very rare that I ever use 1 oz ppo, though. For the most part, .75 oz. ppo works fine for me.

Last edited:
Thx for the input! I'll probably try .7 on the light weight scents and .5 on the heavy ones and see what that does. I'll practice on my 1 pound mold before I fully commit.
I am going to try your recommendations for omh Irish lass. I got it from Oregon trail and the milk sugar kisses from dsystar. I have to say, not liking sweet scents AT ALL, they both smell WONDERFUL!!! I can't WAIT to try it! Once I get this butterfly swirl fiasco I've been working on done, it's my next project, goat's milk omh with the combo!

I am going to try your recommendations for omh Irish lass. I got it from Oregon trail and the milk sugar kisses from dsystar. I have to say, not liking sweet scents AT ALL, they both smell WONDERFUL!!!

I hope you like the combo as much as I do! For me, it makes the perfect OMH. Let me know how it goes!

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back