• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ostrich Oil Co-Op

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it would be a tad expensive. But can't you just run into the Outback and wrangle an emu? Just watch out for the kangaroos and koalas, they can be mean.

Now that I think about it, you live in a really dangerous country - kangaroos, koalas, crocodiles, snakes, funnel spiders, sharks. I'd be a nervous wreck.

Ever see how fast Emu's run Hazel, never catch one.

We don't live in a dangerous country Hazel, I'm still alive after all these years.

Silly! You don't run after an emu. You disguise yourself as a tree and when the emu wanders past oblivious, you leap out and milk it really quickly. Just don't disguise yourself as an eucalyptus because then you'll be covered by koalas.

It is a dangerous country. It's just that you're more dangerous and the critters flee when they hear you running through the bush.

Yes, it would be a tad expensive. But can't you just run into the Outback and wrangle an emu? Just watch out for the kangaroos and koalas, they can be mean.

Now that I think about it, you live in a really dangerous country - kangaroos, koalas, crocodiles, snakes, funnel spiders, sharks. I'd be a nervous wreck.

Hazel, you forgot about the poisonous snails! You can't even walk on the beach over there. :shock:

Hazel, you forgot about the poisonous snails! You can't even walk on the beach over there. :shock:

First I've heard of poisonous snails, I live near beaches and have never seen such a thing :shock:. We do have tiny blue ringed octopus that hide in rock pools that kill you :smile:.

Here they are - they are only tiny and you don't usually see them in rock pools so have to watch where you put your hands.
octopus.jpg
pretty aren't they.
Description & Behaviour
There are at least 10 species of tiny blue-ringed octopuses, which, ironically for their size, are the most deadly of all cephalopods. Two well-known examples are the lesser (Southern) blue-ringed octopuses, Hapalochlaena maculosa (Hoyle, 1883), and the greater blue-ringed octopuses, Hapalochlaena lunulata, (Quoy and Gaimard, 1832). The common name comes from the bright blue rings that appear when they are alarmed.
Lesser (Southern) blue-ringed octopuses, Hapalochlaena maculosa, are the larger of the two and more common. When alarmed, they display smaller blue rings (hence the name "lesser") that generally measure less than 2 mm in diameter. They weigh only 28 grams with bodies to [ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=5+cm+in+ft"]5
x.png
[/ame] cm long and arms to [ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=10+cm+in+ft"]10
x.png
[/ame] cm.

Yup! You really don't want them to find out you're laughing at them.

One, it's mean and would hurt their feelings. Two, they are poisonous and they could find you.

I've put you down for a quart. I had asked about shelf life but I inadvertently deleted the PM about it. I had a stupidity fit and didn't realize if was the ostrich info message. I've sent another PM to ask about shelf life.

I checked if the 16 oz bottles would fit into the $5.80 flat rate box and they do not fit. The bottle causes the lid to bulge upward which doesn't allow the flaps to close properly. USPS won't ship boxes which are deformed or as stated on the site "reconstructed" in any way. This means I'm going to have to go to the next size up flat rate box which is $12.35.

I use the $5.15 small flat rate box all the time and my lotion jar distorts the lid, but if I tape down all sides it's only slightly enlarged, and USPS takes it.

Good for you.

The bottle made the box more than "slightly enlarged". I've been trying to figure out an alternative for these boxes in the hopes to lower the shipping cost. I didn't want to say anything about it in case I was wrong and it didn't help. Thanks for forcing my hand before I was ready and had the information available to share.

Would everyone please send me their address in a private message? I'll need to figure the total amount for everyone and receive payment before I can order. Thanks!

eta: Everyone except for seven...I forgot I had your address already. :oops:

Last edited:
Back