THATSA SPICY MEATABALLA!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Reaction score
[moved from the canning thread].....
I actually make meatballs too, with about 5lbs of ground meat...

I freeze these in individual plastic ziplocks to be defrosted and thrown in with the sauce...

my recipe for meatballs....
real easy,

preheat oven to 350 or 375

5lbs of ground burger meat.
1oz pinoli nuts (pine nuts...Italians say Ponoli (the n has that little enye thing over it i dont know how to make so its pinionli in pronuciation!)

about 1/4oz italian parsley, 1/2oz chopped basil, 4Tbsp oregano, 2TTbsp thyme, 2Tbsp rosemary. same rule applies as sauce, fresh=flavor!!! DONT STRAY FROM THIS RULE!! (you could also substitute these herbs with fresh homemade basil pesto, since its basically the same thing)

Salt, pepper (mortar and pestel ground!!...i always use sea salt not that iodized crap...bah!)

some Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and parmasean (parmigana!) cheese

3eggs, 1/2 head of garlic grated very finely, 2Tbsp EVOO.

mix all the herbs up with the eggs, garlic, oil, breadcrumbs and parm salt and pepper until its a homogenous consitency, add the burger meat (now you are cooking Italian food...you will need to use your hands! so wash them up! before and after preparing this meal!) use your hands to knead the meat and herbs combo until its all even throughout, add pinoli nuts and do the same thing, then form them into meatballs...it should make like 18 (i make them huge so I eat like one per bowl of pasta and its good :) )

then you need to brown them. this will keep them together. brown only a few at a time, then add them all to a large pan or baking dish that has been very lightly oiled. bake them on 350 to 375 for 20 minutes. take them out. freeze half of them in individual containers (beware let them cool before putting into plastic bags, the grease will melt the plastic. i learned from experience!)...let them cool for a bit before placing into the freezer so it doesnt take the temp down too much.

now at this point (assuming you have your madinada cooking still... add some of the leftover grease from when you were baking the meatballs along with the half you arent freezing. make sure theyre coated totally with sauce and you still must stir on occasion so as not to burn the sauce. cook them on low or simmer setting like the last phase in the recipe above. then its good to go.

I like making fusilli with this recipe because they hold the sauce well...alternatives....penne, rigatoni (riga means straight!) or anything else you like.

booyaka booyaka we bring it straight to youuuuuuuuuuuuu

lol dont forget the lotion too!!.. I use that DURING the massage! :)

.... Yeah I try to treat her right :) Thats my Empress :)

Latest posts

Back