NG Dragon's Blood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharmon320

Reaction score
Okay, I finally caved to all the overwhelming reviews of Dragon's Blood. I ordered the DB from Nature's Garden about 4 months ago, but couldn't get over the powderiness (?) of it. I'm thinking it's amber that I'm averse to. Whenever a description includes amber or musk, I imagine that powdery smell. However, I've been dying to experiment with colors in this one, so I bit the bullet. I also had 2oz from CandleScience, but we all agreed the NG version smelled better OOB.

I used 1oz/ppo (which is on the heavy side for me). It smells good, pleasant, but it's a lot lighter than I expected. I don't know if it will come back after a week or so. It's been 4 days and it just keeps getting lighter. I colored the soap with charcoal and various red colorants, so I can't really tell if it discolored.

I may try the CS version to compare how well they stick. Anyone else have a problem with NG's version sticking?

interesting! i used it at about the same ratio and to me it was overpoweringly strong! matter of fact, after making a couple of batches of it i decided it's a scent i really dislike ;) hope your scent comes back and that you like it.

I know ,people DO ask for that scent, it def does discolor, pretty dark. I havent tried ngs.

Update: I soaped Candle Science's Dragon Blood about one week ago. It smells stronger to me soaped than NG version, but I think I like NG version better (scent-wise). CS version used in a milk soap, but it's only a dark tan so far with the uncolored portion being a light beige, so not horribly dark discoloration. I have no idea how dark the NG version soaps because I used charcoal & red.

Latest posts

Back