low sweat bases

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petunia

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a take on low sweat bases? I've been making CP soap for over a year and I'm just tired of dealing with lye! So now I'm thinking of taking up M&P. Plus, I can't wait to try my hand at making pretty transparent soaps. The only thing is that I like wrapping my soap in pretty papers. I understand with M&P, you have to wrap them in plastic or they will sweat. I've read about low sweat bases that allow you to wrap the soap in paper. Anyone familiar with that?

I've started using SFIC's low sweat base and have been happy with it so far (but it's only been about 2 months and I've done 1 show during that time - 2 more coming up soon).

It's easy to work with and is low sweat, but I have had it sweat in the shower, so depending on where you live you still might have to wrap it in plastic (I don't - I'm in the SF area).

Thanks. I guess if I were to try one, SFIC would be the one to try. I've read some of the other posts about bases and everyone mentions SFIC. I guess they must be the best!

Thanks again.

I tried the SFIC low sweat base and it was so sticky. I'm not sure if maybe it was the supplier I got it from but I didn't like it. I was trying to replace my favorite base from Wisteria Lane b/c their shipping is so expensive. I went back to using the Hard as Milled Soap base from there after trying several others. I left a log of it out for a month in Nashville and it never got wet. it's hard and dry when you cut it but after you make the soap it is fine. It lathers more than any M&P base I have tried. I do mix it with some clear base if I am making embeds to make it more pliable. It's my fav!

Latest posts

Back