Avocado oil musings

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arthur Dent

Reaction score
On our monthly trip to Sam's Club last month I found a big display of avocado oil. It was a little over $6 for a litre can of La Tourangelle, so I though I would try it... if nothing else I would have a nice can when it was gone. I still haven't used any, but today on our trip to Sam's I figured I would get another litre. No luck, they didn't have an ounce anywhere in the building. Later at Kroger I found a very small can, the same brand, for $13.:Kitten Love:
I guess I should have stocked up last month.

Wow! I guess you're a lucky one. I've never seen avocado oil at Sam's but it could be regional. I always have my sister pick it up for me at Costco. Maybe if enough people request it, Sam's will start carrying it.

That was a lucky find. I belong to BJ's (also a warehouse store) and they have 1L for $11. I have a bottle I bought a bit ago for cooking. Some will probably find it's way into soap to see what it brings to the party but I'll definitely do some comparison shopping before buying a soaping quantity.

Edited to add: I dig your user name. What does your towel look like? :)

I'm pretty sure the can at Kroger was a half litre at $13 plus change. I guess the full litre for $6 at Sam's was a "one time special buy" type thing. Dang it.

SheLion: My towel has seen better days, but at least I know where it is!

Back