A great opportunity!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there is life outside the internet... It's called REAL life. Caution is good, but so is exploring opportunity. No one said you have to jump up and down. But what does sunflower have to lose? Time, pride, a little sweat? If she doesn't learn anything then maybe she'll teach something.

Sunflower, you're on post #14. I hope to see 100, including updates on how it's going. And don't forget to post pics!

I could not agree more! She has the opportunity to see a soapmaking business in operation. From the inside. That is a priceless opportunity. She may learn what to do, she may learn what not to do. Either way, she will learn so much! Then there are fresh eggs...

Don't let the negative nellies harsh your joy.
Woot!! I am ecstatic for you, sunflowerb!! I hope the experience is as fun, enriching and rewarding as you hope it will be.

Please keep us updated as you learn.

Internet is weird, it connects people, sometimes destroy relationships. Because we cannot hear the tone so we can just presume.

I think people here is just being protective since the first response which says better have a written contract or note specifies how many work/ labor translate into soap/ fresh eggs/ education.
Because what the value of your work/ labor equals how much soaps/ fresh eggs/ EDUCATION is different in everyone's mind. They're not jealous or mean, just being realistic. ( this reaction also is varied greatly because of personal experience of exploitive mentor relationship or life experience)

I'm happy for you, just stay cautiously optimistic. Hope you will have a blast. And tell us what you enjoy most.

Last edited:
I wish I had someone local to interact with face to face about soapmaking. That sounds great to me. Enjoy, sunflower!

Regarding duck eggs, Teresa, I actually hate them. My brother & SIL raise chickens and ducks and it's the duck eggs they like to eat. I can barely stand them myself. But I would use the yolks in egg yolk soap if we happened to live in the same area. In any case, each to his own regarding what kinds of eggs they prefer. :)

Back