Best Soap Books

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngian

Reaction score
After having read all the lectures of Kevin Dunn and read some of the chapters of his book, I finally got the whole book that I think every CP soaper must have. After the great information this forum shares, this book is the Bible for cold process soaps and helps a lot as a reference to various chemistry issues.

There is no need to say anything more, as the author's name is something like an evidence to support one's opinion upon the procedure of making handmade CP soaps ("according to Kevin Dunn's experiment...", "Kevin Dunn has written in his book...", "Kevin Dunn says...") .

Just wanted to share my smile on my face with you... :)

ScientificSoapmaking.jpg

When I decided to start making soap, I hit the library and the used book stores as well as the internet. I've got a bunch of books and am constantly on this forum. I get the most info from the forum; however, I'm also a Scientific Soapmaking fan. I refer to it a lot. It's actually (oh gosh, I'm really going to confess to this?) the only book on my night stand.

For MP soap making, I love 300 Handcrafted Soaps: Great Melt & Pour Projects by Marie Browning. So many ideas! WOW! From healing soaps to citrus and layered soaps. So many soaps!

If your just getting started, i would recommend Melt and Mold soap crafting. :)

For MP soap making, I love 300 Handcrafted Soaps: Great Melt & Pour Projects by Marie Browning. So many ideas! WOW! From healing soaps to citrus and layered soaps. So many soaps!

If your just getting started, i would recommend Melt and Mold soap crafting. :)

If she has in her book that soaps are healing, I'd be thinking twice before getting that book, soaps don't heal.

Back