Ads From SoapCalc Printing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100%Natural

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that when you print a recipe from SoapCalc it now includes a printed picture of the ad that's in the bottom right of the screen?

I just printed a new recipe and now have a girl half dressed with her boobs hanging out for my kids to see while I work.

Is there a way to fix it so 1) I'm not wasting ink on garbage and 2) Not having it cover the notes I've typed in?

Ugh!

Thanks girls. I'll try the screenshot, but it still shows in the bottom corner of the screen even when I've clicked the x to 'close' the ad. That would at least be better than it sprawling across the notes section.

I haven't tried to print a recipe in a little over a week, but I have done it since the update. I haven't seen any weird ads on the "view/print recipe page" tho, so maybe try turning off pop-ups?

Looking at the view/print page there are no ads (as seen in the pic) ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392265865.100903.jpgAre you printing from this page? All of the ads should only be on the main calc page where you enter everything in. If they are showing up on the view/print page you can always copy and paste it in to a word doc.

I always print/save as a pdf and store mine on the computer. Easy enough as the print page shows print or save. No ads there. Also I click on "show graph" before saving it and get both pages. Not sure if it will save it if not selected before saving.
I checked the ads on the main calc page this morning. No games but since I have recently been searching for cars and watching prices of gold and silver there were ads for those things. As Hazel recently said, Google gives a new meaning to the term "cookie monster". :problem:

Last edited:
Between Ken and I we got it figured out. The same ad showed up on another website. When I researched what on earth it is it turns out to be malware cloaked as a 'survey' add-on. This is what happens when kids get onto my computer. Little monkeys!

Thank you for all of your help and suggestions. They all led me in the right direction!

Get adblock! Even though you fixed the problem, if you don't have adblock get it. It may help with this sort of thing in the future, especially with kids clicking on things they shouldn't. If adblock removes the ads and pop ups there won't be stuff for them to click on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back