Peak's Birds of Paradise

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger

Reaction score
I used Peak's Birds of Paradise in my salt bars yesterday and so far, I am a bit disappointed. While I did not note any acceleration or ricing, my nice cream colored salt bars are a nice dark brown today. This is not the end of the world though. The bad news with it is that the scent that had been a bit vanilla and floral smelling now seems to barely be there. I seem to be smelling a faint chocolate scent from the soap, which could be the scent morphed or I am just imagining it because it looks more chocolatey now :)

Give it a day or two, the scent may come back... And yeah, anytime I have a scent that has any vanilla in it at all, if I don't want it to turn brown, I will use a vanilla stabilizer in it.

Yeah, I know vanilla turns soap brown, I had not realized the scent had vanilla in it this morning until I looked at it. It was a very dramatic difference, it is nice to know what the difference looks like though :)

Yeah, I know vanilla turns soap brown, I had not realized the scent had vanilla in it this morning until I looked at it. It was a very dramatic difference, it is nice to know what the difference looks like though :)

It's fun watching scents morph colors! Not so fun when they morph their actual scent though. :(
Like I said tho, hopefully it will come back.
I've had some that have completely disappeared but be just as strong as I had hoped once they were done curing.

Thank you, I will keep checking and see if the scent comes back as it cures.

I agree that smelling it OOB you would never expect vanilla. Haven't soaped it though. I hope it bounces back for you.

Back