Oui Yogurt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting to see this in stores. I'm in love with the little glass jars - imagine the possibilities.

oui.JPG

My local Walmart just started carrying them this week. Haven't had one yet but they look adorable

I'm suspecting a foil tear off top..hmm...something smaller than a Skippy jar...hmmm...
So what are you all imagining....I see candles only..

I'm suspecting a foil tear off top..hmm...something smaller than a Skippy jar...hmmm...
So what are you all imagining....I see candles only..

My mother bought a couple. Yes, the lid is tear-off foil. They are not very big, but cute. You can't really use it for much, except maybe a small pen holder or a vase for short flowers? A catch-all for coins? Paper clips? I dunno. She saved one for me. Might be a nice size for candles. Without a lid, though, I'm not sure I'll get much use out of it.

OK, I am going to play the role of Scrooge. How much extra are you paying for a glass jar? Does the yogurt taste better in them?:) Beware of using glass jars for candles that are not certified for candles. The heat may be too much for them.

OK, I am going to play the role of Scrooge. How much extra are you paying for a glass jar? Does the yogurt taste better in them?:) Beware of using glass jars for candles that are not certified for candles. The heat may be too much for them.

Mother says, "This is good, but has more sugar and less protein than the Chobani's new non-Greek. Also, not as tart. I might buy another if it's on sale, but not at reg price."

Mixing micas, blending/holding EO/FO, mixing small test batches for multiple tests... I love containers like this. I love white asparagus and re-use my jars all of the time. Now if someone would just put a little pouring spout on them for us.....

Picked up a jar of the Oui yogurt today! I do wish it had a re-usable top - I'd love to keep my personal lotion in it.

Would something like this work? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F7ICKZ2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Still not at my regular grocery store - I'm going to have to check somewhere else. I use SL, and a little always sticks to the measuring spoon, so I want one to put that in. I'm just starting to play with lotion making and only doing very small batches, so weighing those oils and waxes. Pen/craft stick holder on my soaping table.

Plus, less plastic and dishwasher clean up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dibbles - I bet I would work! Good idea!

Also, I agree about the ounce marks on the side!

I bought these cute little glass-jar yogurts on sale a while ago. My fiance loved them, so I've amassed a collection of twenty. I've been using them to mix my mica oils and portion out FOs in while I soap.

Not available in the US, sadly, from what I can tell from their website. But you can order lids from their website!

Does this yogurt taste good? I've been skeptical about it for a while since I read the Kitchn article about it.

It's pretty good. It's not as sweet as traditional American-style yogurt, but also not as sour/tart as Greek yogurt. The yogurt by itself has a softer, more creamy taste - I like b/c I find Greek yogurt to be overly sour, by itself. (good sour cream substitute, though).

http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a53984/what-is-french-yogurt/

This is why they use the glass jars:
"But what most separates this new style of yogurt from what we're used to seeing Stateside is how it's made: Each portion is cultured in the glass container it's sold in, which gives it a unique texture and voids any need for additional additives."

I just got to try this yogurt this week. As I was deciding what to do with the jars, I thought about cork stoppers. I don't think I would keep every jar, but a few with corks would be cute on a shelf. Or maybe as teachers gifts filled with a little treat. The opening is about 2.25 inches. Here's what I found so far: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2F51GW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been buying this yogurt since the first time I saw it in the store about a month ago. I really love it! I don't like Greek yogurt as it's just too tart for me (or has way too much sugar to cover it up).

I like that it's full fat although I wish it had a bit less sugar. It's still a little better than regular yogurt. The jars are cute too! I can't think of a use for them but they would probably make cute mini dessert containers for gifting to friends. I kinda feel better about it coming in glass since it's more recyclable.

I also like the "Icelandic" style yogurt that is full fat. I wish that one had a teensy bit more sugar in it though! I can always add some. That one comes in plastic.

Latest posts

Back