Magnesium Lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midwitch

Reaction score
Have any of you used magnesium flakes in lotion making? My son (who plays college football) uses a spray of magnesium oil after every work out for muscle cramps etc. I soak in epsom salt baths all the time and was wondering if I could use magnesium in lotion for the same effect. My google search however did not turn up any official usage rates and I want to make sure and NOT use to much. Side effects are unpleasant (think milk of magnesia). I think this would also be helpful for people with restless leg syndrome......fishing for any info if you are willing to share. Thanks in advance!

Wellness Mama has a recipe for a magnesium body butter, I think she markets it as a sleepy time butter.

Anecdotally, I mad a milk of magnesia and neem lotion and had weeping issues. I also had my initial heated phase explode on me (I was melting my ewax with it, no injuries but a very messy clean up). I would probably advise adding magnesium flakes to body butter rather than an actual lotion, the science doesn't match up as well as we'd like.

I bought magnesium spray before but isn't effective on my pain I preferred arnica oil with wintergreen, eucalyptus and frankincense essential. I always made them as a massage oil for my back pain.

Latest posts

Back