Black Raspberry Vanilla

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chlobue

Reaction score
In your opinion who has the best non discoloring Black Raspberry Vanilla?
I have to make wedding favors and don't want brown color.
Thanks in advance

chris

I really like both WSP's and Bramble berry's, though I haven't smelled the original B&BW so I can't compare between the two. WSP's is very strong - it actually survived a rebatch. It is more fruity smelling. I don't think it discolors, but I colored mine a very dark purple (which stained washcloths, hence rebatch).

BB's is more creamy/vanilla smelling. It discolors slightly yellowish. Easy to cover with just about anything. BB BRV is actually my sister's favorite FO.

Take my very limited experience for what it`s worth as I can only get my hands on one Black Raspberry Vanilla, and that is because every supplier I check either doesn`t ship to Norway, or shipping cost $100 for 1 bottle, or has a flashpoint below 200.

Anyway, the one I have is the one from Natures Garden, (LINK)

It doesn`t discolor (in my soaps at least) It has a low usage rate (3.5%) but it sticks ok, although it is a very mild fragrance to begin with. Sweet, but not cloying, fresh but not sitrusy, berry-like but not sirupy (if any of that made sence, lol)

I have some soaps that are 6 months old now, I can still smell a mild fragrance in them.

Others may chime inn with their suggestions : )

My two favorite BRVs are WSP's and Peak's. Neither of them discolor and they both soap great without any issues. Of the 2, Peak's is stronger for me.

IrishLass :)

I use Saffire blue one the best in my opinion and I made soap with from diffierent suppliers , I had never had discoloration with it. It is my bestselling scent so I have a lot of soap with it, white is pure white ;)

The only BRV I've used is from Nurture. I bought a big bottle when it was on sale before it was reformulated and I have just now used it up. I will order a small bottle with my next order to see if it changed at all, but what I had was strong, didn't discolor and behaved perfectly. It is the favorite of one special family friend.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I know where to start now. I will order 2 or 3 from different suppliers.

chris

I'm going to recommend FragranceBuddy. His BRV is strong with no to very soft yellow discoloration depending on the oils used. It lasts forever and a day. It is very strong when first poured at 4% but softens nicely with a long cure. At 18 months, it smells like sweet berries you want to eat. It beat other BRVs I tried and had higher usage rate.

Back