~*~ SMF July 2017 Challenge - Mermaid Tail Soaps! ~*~
~ July 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews > Scents you are looking for

Old 04-14-2017, 07:06 AM   #81
SunRiseArts

Liked 411 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardguy View Post
I'm looking for a cedarwood/pine fo that is just straight wood with maybe some musk. Nothing fruity or sweet. My favourite scent so far is a soap I made with cedarwood and pine eo, but pine is an expensive eo.

BB has a dogwood with ginger that smells so good. I got as a sample a couple of months ago, and I really liked it.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #82
littlehands

Liked 51 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I'd like a true juicy pear that smells like pear after it's cured. I had one when I very first started soaping 4 or so years ago that was spot on, but I don't remember where I got it (or it was discontinued?). Everything I've tried since is a huge disappointment. Boo.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:05 AM   #83
shunt2011
SOAP_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4420 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 3566

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehands View Post
I'd like a true juicy pear that smells like pear after it's cured. I had one when I very first started soaping 4 or so years ago that was spot on, but I don't remember where I got it (or it was discontinued?). Everything I've tried since is a huge disappointment. Boo.

I really like the pear from Peak or Anjou Pear Blossom from Natures Garden
People Like This 
Old 04-18-2017, 12:02 AM   #84
littlehands

Liked 51 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunt2011 View Post
I really like the pear from Peak or Anjou Pear Blossom from Natures Garden
I have the pear from Peak, and it's not quite there. :P I'll check my stash from NG, and check that out if I don't have it.

I was looking at the one from Sweetcakes- it looks promising? (Fresh Yellow Pear? Sweet Yellow Pear?)

Thanks for the recommendations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehands View Post
I have the pear from Peak, and it's not quite there. :P I'll check my stash from NG, and check that out if I don't have it.

I was looking at the one from Sweetcakes- it looks promising? (Fresh Yellow Pear? Sweet Yellow Pear?)

Thanks for the recommendations!
Ha. Pulled up old threads, and my favorite was from Majestic Mountain. I'll have to order it again because nothing else was comparing.

Last edited by shunt2011; 04-18-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:14 AM   #85
jules92207
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1559 Times on 1026 Posts
Likes Given: 333

I really like Crisp Anjou Pear from BB but I use it in a blend so I'm not sure how true it is on its own.
littlehands Likes This 
Old 04-21-2017, 05:34 AM   #86
APetree

Looking for a white lily, jojoba oil and sandalwood fragrance- Sweet and floral.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #87
bumbleklutz

Liked 129 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTAnton View Post
I just got a request for a loaf of soap scented with Egyptian Musk. This is for my dentist so you know I have to keep those wheels greased. Having lived through the 70's my interest in musk is just not there. I'm an amber kinda guy. Any suggestions gang?
Florida Suncoast Soapworks carries an Egyptian Musk.

http://fssoapworks.com/?product=egyptian-musk

I soaped it many (ten or more) years ago; but as I recall, I liked it. If I remember correctly there was no acceleration, but I don't recall if it discolored. Like you, musk isn't one of my favorites; so I never really bothered with it again after that initial use.

I'm not sure what her shipping charges are like as she is local to me and I am able to pick up my orders.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #88
Spunky

Liked 40 Times on 22 Posts

I would love to find VS Eau So Sexy. Not the Very Sexy. I went to the store to sniff what the original smelled like to know if I should try the dupe or not and fell in love with this one.